Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which insight???

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  K9Gunner 
#1 ·
Edge Insight CTS 2 or Edge insight CTS 2 Pro. I am only looking for a monitor right now and want to be able to add a couple probes down the road and possibly mild tune. Will both of these give me the capability to do this? And what is the difference in the two units.

#2 ·
The insight pro has the ability to load custom tunes directly to it. Idk what custom tunes can be added to the insight pro that is sold directly from edge. PHP is coming out with their own insight pro the will have the ability to load their custom tunes to it as well as other tune writers' tunes. It has not been released yet though. Both will monitor the same thing and both have the ability to add additional probes and sensors using the edge EAS system. The Edge Insight will not tune at all it is strictly a monitor. Your would need an sct tuner or other tuning device to tune the truck. The Insight Pro does both

#4 ·
#5 ·
I am not looking for any specific type of tunes really. If anything I would only use a tune if and when I get head work done and "bullet proofed". I mainly want it for monitor and add a PYRO, trans temp and other probs down the road.

#6 ·
If you're not looking to tune it yet, I would just get a CTS2. By the time you get the work done and want to tune it, it could be 3-4 or more years down the road. By that time the latest and greatest will be out and you can upgrade then. Then you can pocket the money difference between the CTS2 and the pro for a rainy day.

Just my :twocents:

-jokester

#7 ·
Or you could get the older version which is the CTS and get your probes all together for roughly the same price as the Insight pro give or take a little. Trans temp you don't need a probe it is read through the OBD. Pyro and fuel pressure you will need a probe/sensor. Shop around maybe on eBay and decide for yourself which one you would rather have. You could always look for a used sct X3 as well. I've seen them for around $100 or so.

#8 ·
Thank you all for the input on this. I ended up ordering the Insight Pro CTS 2 yesterday. I looked at all the options you all suggested and they all were very practical. Im not the most technical person in the world so I wanted something that is pretty much all in one package. Thanks again for all the input. Ill keep you posted on the deltas when I get it in on Monday.

#9 ·
K9Gunner, how are you liking it so far? I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to be able to tune, nothing crazy but a mileage, tow 1, tow 2 and a mild performance. My truck is already on the road to being updated, I already have the ARP studs/Gaskets, Blue Spring and the upgraded Ford Oil cooler which will be going by the wayside when I do the full bulletproof on mine here either at the end of this month or next just depending on the weather around here.

#12 ·
I just recently got it back in the mail fromEdge. I broke the screen on it and had to send it back for replacement. It is still doing really well for me. Still no tunes on it yet but I mainly bought it for the monitor capabilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.