Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What is largest wheel/tire combo for 6.0 f250

10K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  mhatlen 
#1 ·
Hi all, Im new to the powerstoke community, My truck is a recovered high mile Fleet truck, 2wd 2006 f250. Great running truck. i want a aggressive look. i've upgraded the grille and headlights. But i'd like to have a wide aggressive look without having to lift the truck. What is the biggest Size rim/tire a stock height f250 can handle? I really was wanting to run 20x10 -24mm offset. to get a wide aggressive look, with a nice Lip on the rim, I really like a Deep dish looking wheel.. any help and pics would be amazing and help so much for me to make a decision on what to go with,, i dont want to buy 4k in wheels and tires and not be able to drive the truck or turn. i want to biggest widest wheel and tire without rubbing.. thanks in advance..

#5 ·
Don't really get when people say a 2wd with a 4X4 looks seems stupid, they are EXACTLY the same truck. When I see a 4x4 with different wheels and the locking hubs cover by center caps I can't tell if is a 4x4 unless I look at the front differential. I have seen 2wd lifted and they look like 4x4's.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of folks with lifted 4x4 that doesn't do any off road, I have a ford explorer 4x4 and have used probably less than 20 times since I bought it back in 1999, and I actually didn't needed at the time, just wanted to use it.

I myself have a 2wd and love the 4x4 look better than the 2wd but didn't want to pay extra as u don't have any use for it and also wanted a better fuel economy.

Reactions: 7.3 powerchoke
#12 ·
#4 ·
A whole bunch of offset :doh:

Gotta love them guys

#6 ·
Well, Here's the thing. The truck is a 2wd, was it my first choice? No, but i want to work with what i got.. all i want is a aggressive, wide, Look. If you want to call it a stance, sure why not.. i got my racecars and stuff, but as a daily driver i'd like it to look alittle tougher as you can say... So if anyone has some pic and info that would help me some, that would be awesome.. again, what im after in a look for this truck is like a little bull dog.. short and wide, Stockie you could say.. lmao

#8 ·
Lifted 2WD's with big tires look stupid and fake. I mean really? You have big tires up front but they wont pull if you need them? Look like posers to the max and give real truck owners a bad image.

Anyway, he clarified short and wide so I assume he means the street truck look. In that case, its however wide you want on the back. Wide on the front and you'll look like a fool. Then again maybe you want a AX or DE track truck. For that, you have the wrong truck.

And,, I agree, the wide offset 4x4's look just as dumb.

#9 ·
I would have to agree with Wellcraft.. If we are talking strictly looks here than i dont see the difference.. I have a 4x4 but rarely ever use it.. Almost every damn lifted 4x4 you see on the road is a street princess anyways... Gives real truck owners a bad image.. I guess im not a real truck owner :dunno: whatever the F that means SMH

But on the bright side of things we see eye to eye on the offsets

#11 ·
If he wanted couldn't he put a leveling kit on and run a 35 or equivalent? They are not that much money I didn't think, but may be completely wrong. Also I have seen others that have put 20, or even 22's on 2wd with wide tires and honestly to each there own. Some look better than others but most people buy vehicles and personalize them to what they like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure most here would make fun of me for having a stock looking 03 fx4 with stock wheels.

#14 ·
Yeah, this is a daily truck,, i just want a short wide look.. with possibly a deep dish styled wheel.. i just wanted to know if 20x10 24mm, would fit with like a 305 street tire and not rub.. 4x4 owners like to rag the 2wd dudes. never knew why honestly.. we are all truck owners here and they both serve a purpose.. theres guys out there with 1000hp 2wd trucks that dont touch a bit of offroad.. i'm going toward that style truck. Short "Normal to 3 inch lower than stock ride height" wide Look... We should all get along no matter 2wd or 4x4.. who cares really?

#17 ·
I kinda of see it like the guy who stuffs two socks down his underwear so the girls think he's related to John Holmes.

It's a two wheel drive truck like it or not. Where your really loosing me at is you want the tires hanging out of the fenders too.........
I'm out.

Guess I'm one that cares lol

#15 ·
I've seen some real nice 2wd trucks with a big rim tire combo, but they seem to be lowered. Wish I could help and hopefully you get the answer you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.