Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for a Snow Performance EGT Probe

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  goXtreme 
#1 ·
I bought an MPG Max kit from Snow and it is not working right.

When I first start it up the EGT's are erratic going from normal temperature (comparing to the CTS2) to 0 and back and forth, while doing this the boost also goes from normal to 0. After a couple of minutes the EGT does not read at all and the boost readout is almost exactly 13 PSI off from the CTS2.

I talked with Jake at Snow Performance and he sent me a new controller since we both were certain that it was the culprit. Of course it cost me $250.00, but they would refund me when they tested the first one. The original controller tested perfect on their testing machine, so they sent it back to me, at my cost of course.

After talking with Jake some more, he thought that it was a grounding issue and wanted me to check the ground on the pump. I did as he said and found that it was indeed grounded to the frame. Just to rule that possibility out, I ran a wire directly to the battery... No change.

Basically Jake gave up on me after this as he was obviously out of ideas and said that he has never seen this problem... With two controllers especially.

Just to rule out any power or grounding issues, I ran a power and ground wire into the cab directly from the battery and hooked it up with the provided switch... No Change.

That leaves me to the EGT probe as the culprit.

I am now being ignored by Snow Performance so I am asking you guys if you know where I can get an EGT probe that will work with this system.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am not sure if there is anything special about it, but it is a K-type two wire

#4 ·
is it just two wires at the end or a special connector like some of the edge stuff uses just so they can rape you on replacements

that random EGT happened to me i swapped out my probe and still had the issue with my EGT digital guage

i then found out my Ohmeter would read a type k in F* so i was able to use it for my trip LOL

at the end of the day my display failed ( Auber)

but sounds like you eliminated the gauge and the big commonality the ground

if you can useone
a decent type k two wire is available all day long on ebay
i can send you a link to the one i run

#5 ·
That would be great if you could do that

#7 ·
That's good... I can't get mine to work for 5 minutes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.