diesel shop reccomendations for the lubbock texas area? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
diesel shop reccomendations for the lubbock texas area?

currently i have no issues with the truck. im entertaining the idea of doing studs and a egr delete proactively vs being forced to do it when time and money might not be avalible. does anyone have a recomendation of a shop in the lubbock area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I now I've seen a place out on FM 1585 between University and the highway. Its a diesel shop and it says "We specialize in Powerstrokes" I was thinking about trying them out when the time comes. I've been meaning to go out and just talk to them to see what they're about. Hope this helps!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Yea I've talked to them. Nice place. Not sure if they do performance though. It's called Strokers Plus.
There's another place but he's probably just repair. It's called Diesel Fuel Systems. He's a pretty smart guy.
There's also a couple of performance places. One is called Knight's Performance. The other idk but is down on 82nd toward Wolfforth.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM

thanks. the diesel injection service guy seem nice. said he had never cracked open a 6.0. quoted me $2600 labor only... i called out to powerstrokes plus and they quoted $2600 parts and labor to change the headgaskets. the first thing they asked was to run a diag on the truck to make sure i needed them which was nice and makes me think they would be honest. they said they had no issue with me providing parts and installing studs and the egr delete. the only thing she said is that they are a small shop so i would need all the parts in hand because they cannot tie up a bay for to long. probably a 3 day turn around. so potentially it should be chaper than $2600. as for the knight truck accesories i have been in there but they really didnt have much of anything in the showroom. guess around here ill be limited on options as the dealers want way to much to do it.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 PM

Yea makes me sad that there aren't too many diesel places here. The Diesel Fuel Systems and Strokers Plus both charge 75 an hour for labor and they get their parts from the same place. Only difference is how the shop looks, how big it is, and how many people work there. Other than that, I think they both know their stuff.

Those two others I mentioned are both the fancy bolt on showroom stuff so I don't ever really go there anyway.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM

back in 99-00 i worked for accessory depot installing truck parts. i try my best to stay away from the accessory shops most dont know that much about anything.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM

Yea that's the other pace I was thinkin of
Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Which shop (Strokers Plus or Diesel Fuel Systems) would be better for me to take my truck to and have them put CAT ELC in? I'm providing the coolant and distilled water. I'm basically just needing them to flush it with tap water and dispose of the old stuff.

I know anyone shop could do it, I just feel better about a diesel mechanic doing it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Lt. Negativity

Eh Honestly, go to TSD, or CenTex diesel not to sure where they are from you but I would deal with either Chris or Logan. You know they are on the Nation not here. Cant say my labor cost for HG's but its not near that, also 3 day turn around seriously ?? We do one cab up and down in 12 hrs.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Its up to you. the powerstrokes plus guy seems to do a lot more 6.0 stuff then the other guy. I would contact either gene messer and pollard and get a quote to do the work them talk to powerstrokes plus. The reason I say this is I'm pretty sure his labor rate is the same as the dealer so it might be a easier then having to drop it off out side of town. Might be more convient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.