lifted heads again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lifted heads again

well i think i lifted the heads again. after making a couple of passes a friend in a chase truck following he noticed something leaking coming from under the truck (driver side) and i knew right away its coming from the degas bottle. in feb 09 with 64,000 miles i took it into ford for the same problem. a buddy is a diesel tech there and did the work, found out it was head gaskets and took on the task of pulling the cab and changing them out. i purchased some arp headstuds and had him install those instead of the factory bolts. also while i was there i took the egr pipe and had it welded. new ford headgaskets, arp studs , egr pipe welded, new icp sensor, degas bottle, cap, oil cooler, etc. all done under warranty. except the deductable and a fancy ford focus to drive for a week and a half. so sat. nite i go to the local meet and a tundra on the bottle started runnin his mouth and wanted to run. ok then lets go. but i cant launch in 4wd his request BOOOOO but i did it anyway. dig race tryin to pedal first. won bye 6 trucks. lil roll race from a 10 punch won bye 4 trucks. at the end of the roll race is when my friend noticed the leak. drove the truck back out of mexico and parked it let it run a bit while poppin the hood to notice NO coolant in the degas bottle. ******. shut it down and added water. truck still runs fine. and is only leaking when im on it for awhile. only mods that are different between now and back in feb. is a sct compared to the superchips i had before. now im outa factory warranty but i do have a extended warranty. altho now that i think about it. im still under the 12month 12k miles since last repair. ok end of rant. oh and i just rolled over 70k miles

Last edited by shu873; 10-20-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM

A tundra aint worth a blown head gasket, is it? lol
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 AM

Maybe try another degas bottle cap first? That's about the cheapest place to start eliminating. AFIK the Powerstroke has a 100k warranty also. I'd be surprised if properly installed ARP's stretched under the tunes commonly run on this board. I've read from several of the veteran mechanics on here too that studs don't automatically guarantee an end to puking either so it may not be your heads, on the other hand it could be that the heads weren't flat to begin with. ARP's can't fix that. If I were you I would be curious as to how many thou's your heads were within when they did the repairs the last time.

@ Robsr
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 AM

well i figured tundra runs low 15's stock and a 100shot should put him where im at. but alas no. and no it wasnt worth it. but it would have happend either way. i just got off the phone with dynamic diesels or something from joseph texas and thats what he said lately they have been finding heads to be cracked at the valve seat and various other places. the tune is just extreme race from idp. i will fix it i guess its off to bigger better parts. may as well do fuel, injectors, turbo while im at it
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM

What kind of EGT's are you running?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 AM

normally shut it down before it hits 1300
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Holy Moly!!!! lol
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM

hey i said before lol this most recent pass was round that tho to busy watchin the mirror.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM

So is this at a track in mexico, or?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM

mexico. i made a track trip a few weeks back and had NO issues. 2hrs there 8 passes then 2hrs home no probs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.