Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Forscan. Anybody use it?

23K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
Played with Forscan a little bit today. It would appear that it does do a buzz test, though I'm not sure exactly what I was supposed to hear or see. There was no data readout that I found, but the test was successful according to the screen. It also had an ABS test, which is my main question. I was wondering if anyone knew if the test was sufficient to flush the ABS system. I started a flush of the brake fluid last weekend but ran short on fluid before getting all of the nasty fluid out of it. Got to thinking about the ABS system and remembered I had the Forscan program, figured I'd check it out to see if it could purge the system, but all I found was that test. Anybody got any insight?

#6 ·
I was going to say no I was circumcised but...you beat me to the joke....so you get the LIKE!!!!

Reactions: WarChild and Qholic
#3 ·
Interesting, I would like to know however, I would think that a test from an app would just check the sensors whether it commands the ABS valves to actuate...dunno. FWIW I just find gravel road and accelerate then hit the brakes to actuate the ABS; works well.

#4 · (Edited)
There's something going on when you run the ABS test. There is noise coming from the box. It actually sounds a little bit like the injector buzz, but it's definitely coming from the ABS box.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#8 ·
I would think that would be the activation of the abs making the buzzing noise. if that makes any sense :dunno: that is what it sounds like when you lock em on the road

after seeing what the guys are doing in the 6.7 groups enabling and disabling features i decided to load up the forscan program. on my 6.7 i was able to enable and disable dark car mode, bambi mode (foglights with high beams). also activated the dfp percentage screen and possibly the regen command controls. have to drive the 6.7 to know for sure. other vehicles have alot of option avalible thru user development. on the 6.0 though it looks promising. you can definately control the ipr test the intrument cluster and a few other things. looks like you may be able to enable functions similar to the 6,7 such as the factory brake controller assumning you have the hardware to do so. i spent a couple of hours this morning trying to figure out how to disable injectors and possibly do some sort of a cyl contribution test to no avail. the 6.4 guys can drop out injectors for sure though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I have the forscan just haven't had the time to sit there and mess with it to figure it out :dunno:
so i am no help
I was hoping i could do a contribution test with it.
but after changing over to delo and re-adding archoil then driving 550 miles
my truck runs smoother than it ever has :nod:
I think there is a write up on forcscan in the 7.3 section? that might help :D
If i can find it i will post a link

#5 ·
I remember this program from a couple of years ago; might have to download it and see what all it can provide...looks like it has come a long way since I last looked at it.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#7 ·
after seeing what the guys are doing in the 6.7 groups enabling and disabling features i decided to load up the forscan program. on my 6.7 i was able to enable and disable dark car mode, bambi mode (foglights with high beams). also activated the dfp percentage screen and possibly the regen command controls. have to drive the 6.7 to know for sure. other vehicles have alot of option avalible thru user development. on the 6.0 though it looks promising. you can definately control the ipr test the intrument cluster and a few other things. looks like you may be able to enable functions similar to the 6,7 such as the factory brake controller assumning you have the hardware to do so. i spent a couple of hours this morning trying to figure out how to disable injectors and possibly do some sort of a cyl contribution test to no avail. the 6.4 guys can drop out injectors for sure though

#9 ·
Been using archoil as well. It runs substantially better after the truck warms up. Just thought id see what and how many injectors are actual issues. Didnt want to spend a arm and a leg to use ids

#10 ·
Are you guys using a bluetooth or usb and are you using a laptop or phone? I loaded it on my laptop but i have to u a usb odb 2 because my stupid hp laptop for some reason doesn't have bluetooth.

Reactions: 06Mike
#12 ·
I just bought the bafx adapter i am waiting for it to get here. I spent 600 on my laptop with touch screen from best buy and i cant find bluetooth on this stupid thing! My computer is 2 years old maybe that is why i don't have bluetooth.

#13 ·
Wish i was more computer savy. Hadn't had a decent functional computer in 7 or more years. Used my phone for 90% of everything

#19 ·
I just recently switched to Chromebook. I picked up a ruggedized Asus off Amazon for $150. All I do is internet/gmail. This thing can takes drops and spills so I have no issue taking it out to the garage and touching it when greasy then wiping it down. Has bluetooth too. I'm on the fence on Forscan. I like the idea of getting daytime running lights. It would be REALLY cool if you actuate windows up and down from the keyfob. I enabled that on my GTI. Seems there was a lot of options that were hidden. Maybe thats the same with our trucks.

#14 ·
I know not related to forscan stuff but im working on rewiring the fan clutch on my 2005 and luckily for me it tore the butt connectors from where it was repaired before i had the truck. The wires from the fan do not match the colors on the connector.

#16 ·
I use a BT adapter, but a USB would probably be better for diagnostics since you should get better read speeds. You can pick up a BT module that plugs into your USB port at Walmart or Best Buy.

#18 ·
#20 ·
On my 6.7 i can roll down the windows with the fob. Also on the 6.7 you can set up drl to be turn signals, fogs, 50% low beams and iirc fogs and turns. I wasn't particularly interested in that so in that set of options i enabled the fogs with high beams (bambi mode). I did not see these avalible on the 6.0.

#21 ·
What's to be on the fence about? It's free. :confused:

#28 ·
The Android app is not as capable as the PC app either. Not yet anyway, I believe they are still updating it, though I don't know how much of the older technology will be added. It still has some nice capability though.

#29 ·
Bumping an old thread since I discovered some capability in Forscan that I wasn't aware of previously. I had only used it for diagnostics before, but it can actually write to certain PCM modules.

I just bought a 2017 F-150 2.7 Eco-Boost for my company and it has the Auto Stop/Start feature when stopping at red lights, stop signs, etc. I am not a fan of this, especially for our purposes. It does have a dash button to disable the feature for that ignition cycle, but it resets each time and defaults to "on". On researching various methods to have it default to "off", I discovered you cannot do that, but you can disable it altogether with Forscan. While this is not specifically related to the 6.0, it made me wonder if it might be possible to disable the EGR with this capability and not have to buy a tuner and a tune, if that's all you wanted to do. I suppose there could be other items that might be tweaked as well. I haven't done any research on the Forscan/6.0 side yet, but there's quite a bit that can be done with the newer vehicles.

I think this is where @Lubbockguy1979 was headed in some of his earlier posts, but I was too dense to see it.

@Chatham036 @peixinho @Dylpickles Do you guys think this is a possibility, or is the EGR too deep in the programming to defeat it by changing a few 1's and 0's.

#31 ·
I would imagine its more complicated than that. But thats a guess. There is not alot related to the 6.0 that ive found. I have a very very basic understanding/knowledge of how all the forscan stuff works and locating what line controls what and so forth. When ive looked it is somewhat vague or im not smart enough to grasp it. While not 6.0 related i want to do away or be able to disable traction control/rsc and the speed limiter but havent found where anyone on any of the platforms has done it yet

Reactions: G8orFord
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.