New to the forum looking to buy a Powerstroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the forum looking to buy a Powerstroke

Finally paid enough bills off to make a purchase. I bleed blue so i am stuck between trading in my 04 Mustang GT for a 03 Cobra or keeping it and buying a F-250. After reading the positive stories on here about the 6.0's i have decided maybe their not so bad. I prefer the 05-07 interior but i have found an 04 with everything i was looking for the most part, the carfax does show some dealership work done to it but i was wondering if i could get an oasis on it and if someone could let me know to drop the cash or keep on searching for one. Here is the vin:1FTNW21P54EB15651

and this is the link to view it the pics show it to be clean its a n hour away from where i live so i have not been able to go see it, sorry to get long winded just do not want a problem child any help is greatly appreciated thanks J-Rod

Jim Tidwell Ford serving Kennesaw, Marietta, Roswell, Atlanta Georgia

also with a build date of 10/03 could it have the larger turbo? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

early 03 and some early 04 have the 10-vane turbo....which are LOUD. The 04s, like mine have the 12 vane, twhich are still loud. The 05-07 have 15 vanes. you can put the 03 turbo on all years but you have to swap out the pedestal.

As for the 6.0, I like mine and only had one issue...a icp sensor oil leak, covered under warranty. The main thing is too keep the oil change every 5,000miles, use a high quality syn oil...I use MOBIL 1 TURBO DIESEL TRUCK 5w40. Its expensive but does wonders in the 6.0. Maintenance is important: flushing the cooling system at 90,000 miles, change the fuel filters every 10,000 miles and run some type of diesel lubricant additive every tank full. I use a quart of 2 cycle TCW3 ashless oil at every fill up...keeps injectors happy.

If you have the money, invest in head studs and a EGR delete kit, and pyro, trans, boost guages...def worth it in the long run, even though I have done neither and have 90,000+ miles and not problem....just a insurance thing (i do have the guages).

Also, you may keep in mind that th 6.4s are awesome motors and you can find some REALLY good deals on 08s and 09s...just a thought
Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
before i baught my truck, all i had to do was sign on the line and i would of owned a black 04 cobra (with a 3.10 and exhaust to boot, i was upgrading my bolt on 6 hitter) i decided to then sell off my IDI and 6 hitter and just get one practical vehicle, thus buying my PSD, i really havent looked back since.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Crazy enough, I have looked at this truck myself. I think they are asking wayyyy too much for it and its definitely been in the mud before.

The only good part about this particular rig is that it is under 100k and you can get your Studs down on the down low at that particular dealership.

I am not naming any names, but Ill give you my number and get you in contact with one of the techs there that hooks me up.

Again, they want too much for the truck even if it is a sunroof model. Also, some kid obviously owned it before and took it in the mud, I looked up under it for quite awhile and found mud stuck EVERYWHERE.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the replies, its eye catching i figured someone else around ga had looked at i was planning on going and looking at it tomorrow, thanks for the info on all the fluids and maintenance. all things that i had read and made sure at the top of my to do list if i were to get the truck. I may still try to ride up and look at it tomorrow just to give it a test drive. I talked to someone at the dealership today about it and kind of got the run around when i asked about the oasis report on it, usually wouldn't be a problem but my uncle no longer works for Ford. Kind of gave me a bad vibe about it when they acted like they didnt know what i was talking about needless to say he was supposed to call me back with more info but never did. If i do decide to explore this one further ill let you know Blitanicle99 and i appreciate you looking out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.