Airbags, Timbrens? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to elbo989
Airbags, Timbrens?

Hey guys, with winter approaching i'm trying to decide what to do to beef up my suspension for plowing. I'll be putting a 7 foot stainless sander in the bed and have a stainless v plow. I'm trying to eliminate some of the sagging without compromising my everyday ride. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
air bags all ways help, been starting to think about this myself lately, i just cant bring myself to put a sander in my new truck

on another note, how do you like your V plow?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM

I love it! It's a fisher xtreme v. Definitely is an awesome plow with a lot of capabilities for all situations.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 PM

I have had the Firestone airbags in my truck for almost 2 years now and they have REALY helped a lot. My truck has a daily weight of 12,000 lbs with nothing in the bed and has been over the 13,000 GVW a lot and you could never tell with the airbags. I keep them filed up to 100 psi all the time and check them about once a month when I check the tires.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by work&play View Post
I have had the Firestone airbags in my truck for almost 2 years now and they have REALY helped a lot. My truck has a daily weight of 12,000 lbs with nothing in the bed and has been over the 13,000 GVW a lot and you could never tell with the airbags. I keep them filed up to 100 psi all the time and check them about once a month when I check the tires.
Ya, I have really been flirting with the idea of airbags and it seems like a great idea. I have herd of people having them rip, and shift and be a PITA. Whats your experience? Also I'm sure you leave yours topped off most of the time but I would constantly be changing the PSI of the bags. Are they meant to withstand use like that? Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
back in the saddle

It's a fairly pricey upgrade, but you can always add a compressor to your airbag set up and have your pressure adjustable in-cab. I know Firestone sells kits like this along with the ride rite bags.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM

Have had airbags on rear of 2002 CC DRW with compressor/control panel in cab for over five years and no problem w/adjusting pressure up/down as needed. Tow 18K RV and 38 foot flatbed with weights quite often exceeding the RV w/o any problem to date. Runs over 2k tongue weight on truck (5th wheel)
Old 10-18-2009, 01:03 PM

thanks for all the help guys!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 PM

i have timbrens on 3 different fords (2 450's & 1 350) for the money campared to air bags you can't beat them, and i would recomend them, in the f350 i've hauled as much as 4500# in the bed, airbags are the best , timbren ads say that, but i've used them and will continue to they work as advertised. the 2 450's we constantly load and the improvement on them was unbelievable, no more headlights up in the air
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo989 View Post
Ya, I have really been flirting with the idea of airbags and it seems like a great idea. I have herd of people having them rip, and shift and be a PITA. Whats your experience? Also I'm sure you leave yours topped off most of the time but I would constantly be changing the PSI of the bags. Are they meant to withstand use like that? Thanks
I have never had a problem with them.
They are maxed out 24/7 at 100 psi.
I just check the psi about ounce a month.
I do not have the compressor, I just use the one in my garage or the one on the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.