My oasis report - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My oasis report

Ok finally got it!!...It would seem my 05 has been in for warranty work 3 times..
12/27/05--reprogramed pcm tcm ficm to latest calibration
1/3/06--replaced emblem #5c3z
2/1/06--replaced ep sensor and recalibrate
2/1/06--road tested per program 59b01
2/1/06--vehicle has program 05b32 install label degas bottle,remove fuid

Thats all that showed up..This good,bad? ,,,nothing from 06 to present
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats looks GREAT compared to mine. My trucks oasis was two pages long but I still bought it and haven't had a single problem yet, I was just hoping they fixed them all before I bought it.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Looks good, here is what I found after purchace. If I would have know don't think it would be in my driveway.

1- April 05 -Replace leaking thread dambage pulg and gasket, clean oil blow buy off coller pipe and retighten loose clamp. (don't have a clue what it was)

2- June 06 - PSD code 402, 406, 269, 284 found replae injectors and test again code 269 and 284 gone but 402 and 406 still active remove EGR vavle and inspect, internal gallery contamined by carchoal reme int manfl and lcean intall new EGR valve test ok

3- June 06 - Preforme recall work charge air cooler duct replace L

4- June 06 - Preforme recall work E series intall ICP connector kit

5- June 06 - Preforme recall work recal exhaust prssure sensor replacment, on board diagonstic stystem and engine contr ol modules recalibration

6- July 06 - PSD code 2284 found, remove ICP and insnpect. ICP damage replace and inspect IPR some debris found at IPR and screen show damabe replace IPR and test ok

7- Nov 06 - Test drove noticed vehicle overheating pressure tested cooling system wound not hold above 10 psi R&R EGR valve round coolant in valve intake determined EGR cooler to be leaking and EGR cooler caused to fail by oil cooler R&R alternator R&R fan shourd R&R intake mainifold R&R EGR cooler R&R oil cooler and...... (report just ended)

8- Dec 06 - Test dorve check engine light on while driving source of noise to be Y pipe conductd diesel performance check found p0404 conduted pinpoint test ka let to turbo replacement.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Wow sparkless thats alot but it looks like its been good since 06 so I guess thats a good thing!..My warranty runs out in march of 2010 so i'm thinking about that extended warranty plan I think 5yr/200,000mi...
Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Too bad that only shows things under warenty. Time on clock when I got it was 107,000. Now I've got little over 132,000.

Things have been ok since I got it. High pressure oil pump died, alt gave out shortly after a belt and tensioner change, and the big one 3 injectors last year. Just happen to be all on the same side to I did all 4 just to be sure. Knock on wood.... plan on a coplete EGR system delete and studs when $$ is in hand.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:52 PM

seems like the egr delete is the way to..I guess thats where most of the problems start?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Yes an EGR complete delete system, or a block of system can fix several problems but so can the right foot.

Have fun with your rig. When you start to mod your truck make sure you have some supporting mods to go with.

Last edited by POWERED SPARKLESS; 10-17-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:23 PM

May be a stupid question, but where/how/how much for the Oasis? Is it an online deal or from a dealer?

EDIT>>> Nevermind, just talked to the local dealership. They do it free, just have to show registration and ID.

Last edited by Squid4life; 10-16-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM

Lol! yeah oasis is free, i work for a ford dealer and have access to the webpage at home if you want i can get you that in a matter of 2 min! I dont need your registration information only your vin number if your comfortable giving that type of information out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.