opinions. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
opinions.

I have a 06 F-250 6.0. What do ya'll think bout the combo of a single 6" stack with the SCT sf3 programmer and the AEM brute force intake? Does anyone else have those and what kinda of power you seeing? Im looking for that little extra power and to be able to throw the black every now and then. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The tuner will give you the power and most likely, depending on the tune the black smoke throwing ability. The stack will make it sound pretty nasty (good), drop some EGT's and the intake you can leave out. The stock intake should be just fine and filter much better.

My .02
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 PM

Thank you. What bout the problem with head gaskets and stuff will I have to worry bout that if I keep it in a lower mode and don't just stay on it all the time? Or what cause don't have funds to get head studs done right now.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 PM

People have had different luck when it comes to gaskets. Some have been running there sct with custom extreme tunes for a long time with no problems, others have blew there gaskets right away. So the decision is yours. In theory if your easy on it and keep a close eye on your EGT's you should be fine but I have not tuned mine yet because like you i dont have the cash for studs right now.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 AM

I ran my SCT on my stock gaskets for about 5,000 miles and was just fine. Didn't puke a bit! I now have my heads studed and don't have to worry as much. The decision is up to you, but I say go for it. Also, as far as the intake, you really don't have to get one right now. The stocker flows pretty good, just do the Zoodad mod.

-French
Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 AM

What is the zoodad mod?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 AM

What kind of gushes do yall recommend? An I been having trouble finding a three or four guage pillar.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:23 AM

For the zoodad, you just cut a hole in your header panel right where your intake comes out. It's kind of like a ram air system, but its FREE! Only takes a little time. As far as gushes (gauges) I run the typical three, boost, pyro, and tranny. I am adding a fuel pressure gauge this week and would like to get HPOP gauge as well, but that can wait for now. Get a hold of one of the sponsers on here and they should be able to make you a deal on your exhaust and gauges. Good luck!

-French
Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 AM

I already have all the exhaust stuff. Just need gauges. Sorry bout the misspelling. Lol. Thanks for the help guys. Any more info would be awesome though.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
those sound like good mods. like said above though, the stock airbox is good. just replace it with a aftermarket filter, afe, ect.

the sct will give you tons of power. the heads bolts are hit or miss with them letting go.

mine never went, and a buddy at a dealer just studded it for me. egr is completely gone and I can still puke out of the degas sometimes. When getting on it very very hard.

the stack does sound killer though. kind of annoying if you are going any where far though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.