Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Average MPG on 37s...????

18K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Master_Chase 
#1 ·
Morning All,

So I have had my truck for 3 months now and been keeping an eye on my MPG with 37s on it.....I do about 400 miles a week and thats a 50/50 split highway/town driving.....I was Avg around 13.3 mpg

I just did all new fluids, filters, thru 2 bottles of Rev-X in and been watching that last 150 miles....Currently Now I am running around
13.6-14.2 between highway/city....Its more holding at 13.8-14.0 mpg...

Just wondering what you guys with 37s and 3.73 gearing are getting for mpg....I know it depends on the FOOT but just didnt know if I was in the ballpark...

Thanks for the Input!

#2 ·
Forgot to mention that my #5 Injector is showing a -5 on the diagnostic.....I know its not great but not horrible either.....Would the Rev-X or even Archoil correct that?
My morning starts have been better since the fluids and filter changes but just curious on that as well or will it ultimately need to be replaced all together?

#3 ·
When i had 35s 15 was all i could get. Maybe 16 if it was all down hill.

The width and tread are what kill mpg

#5 ·
I have 37s with 3.73 gearing as well and that's pretty much the exact mileage I see. I hand calculate each tank and it's usually right around 13.9 everytime. Twice I've seen 15.3 but that was all highway zero stop and go traffic.

#6 ·
Man im trying to tell anyone who will listen on here and friends with these trucks.

They make 19.5x7.5 rims. They fit semi tires and they come in aggressive tread for mud but also what im getting. Good high way tires and they last forever.

#8 ·
Do they make them for SRW?

#12 ·
Do they make them for SRW?
Yes they are for a single wheel axle. The tires cost 500 roughly BUT these are for semis ao they last twice as long THEN when the tread is gone. Rw tread them for like 70 a piece. Also from what ive read they are better handling because theu are stiffer side walls

#13 ·
Not so much fuel economy for me but damn man i am running the nitto terra grappler g2s. The most road friendly tire i could find and a year later im needinf tires and havent driven that much. These semi tires arw rated for trucks twice my trucks weight so they are gonna last twice as long AND i can retread them. They also have some mud treads for im guessing logging trucks ans such and more road tires for sitting driving. Come in a decent range of sizes im looking at a 285/70r19.5 which is a 35 if i remember right. Maybe just a bit more and 11.something wide

Reactions: mhatlen
#11 ·
Im on 35's with 4.30's and I pull 12-13mpg mixed driving.
I can get 15-16 on the highway if I keep it under 70mph (2050rpm)

#17 ·
My take on 19.5

ride hard due to the stiff sidewall

limited traction on a unloaded pickup truck due to the Fact they are made for heavy loads and long tire life 2

fugly

skinny rims

ugly rim choices

limited tire selection
Im sad to hearthat about the ride. Ill he running a 285 on a 7.5 rim that will put me at a 35 height and 11 width. And these rims look like the 99 f250 ones. Or alcoas i guess.

I can sacrifice some ride quality if i can drive 3 times as long on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.