Testing a BullyDog Programmer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Testing a BullyDog Programmer

I guy that has worked on my truck just got a F250 6.0 and said he put a BullyDog on it, and asked me if I wanted to test it out. He said that the thing is incredible and just wants some input from other people. He said he'd let me try it to see what its like.

-BG06.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Be Careful!!!

I bought a Bully Dog power pup (used) and put it on my truck after updating to the latest download program, i went to put it back to stock and it screwed up my PCM (main computer), now it is in the shop getting a new PCM becasue it wouldnt allow my truck to start. I also didnt have any errors with the Programmer but it did do something wrong. I had all lights and all gauges worked, but nothing from the key turn. Fords Testing equipment couldnt even figure out what was wrong. All i can say is please be careful. I wont even use mine on my truck anymore. Ill just find domething to do with it cause i dont trust Bully Dog software, plus their tech and customer support is garbage, they are not geared to customer service, they were rude, and didnt really care what i had to tell them. go with SCT, that seems to be the tuner of choice.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I plan on going w/ SCT, I love the livewire, I'm really waiting to see if they are going to come out w/ a a-pillar mount. But this is a free test, I can't really say no to a free test, but I appreciate you telling me about the problems w/ bully dog, I'll be careful w/ it.

-BG06.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
no problem, i just dont want anyone else to go through this crap. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i have the power pup downloader, and i like it. i called bullydog on more than 1 occasion to ask questions and had no problem. i have not tried to update mine yet, i was scared to. it is an older programer i am assuming since there is no serial number and it has a prodotype sticker on it.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My buddy had the bully dog and got rid of it and got a banks pda and the banks has a lot more power hes getting ready to get a a custom tuned SCT cant wait to take a ride in it with it!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I just got back from trying it, and I have to say on the 'Extreme' setting, it was pretty cool, I put the pedal to the floor and the tires just started roasting and my pipe was spewing some smoke . Now I cant wait to get the SCT, I'm thinking that I may put the money down next week, I was going to wait for the EGT sensor to come out, but after seeing what I'm missing w/ it I cant wait.

-BG06.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 PM

i havent had any problems with my Bully Dog system. I've had it on the truck since last september. I bought it and installed it when i had 1600 miles on it. The truck now has a little over 25,000 and no problems.

I like the fact that i can change the settings on the fly. I know that it is only "fooling" the stock computer, but it's good enough for what i need it for. When i bought it (the bully dog downloader), i was new to diesels and it was kind of the first one i came across. I had heard about Banks and did some research on them, but I didnt like the price.

just my $.02

- Jason
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Im glad to hear that you all have had good luck with the Bully DOg, but i think i will sell mine or something. I just dont trust it anymore. I would like to go with SCT i think. I havent heard anything bad about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.