New Owner! *PICS* - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Owner! *PICS*

So I finally splurged, after shopping around, I bought myself a truck!
This is my first diesel, so any help/information will be awesome!
Love the site to, I was at the addiction, i mean .org, just about everyday when I was shopping.

Without further-ado,

2005 F-250 ext cab short box Lariat
Completely Stock, except came with a Leer Cap
EGR Valve was replaced under warranty!

Pioneer Trucks - 2005 F250 Lariat

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 AM

Nice truck man, congrats.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nice! I actually have the same truck and first diesel myself, except red. I absolutly love it. First thing i did was delete the egr. You should atleast block it and save your self all the headaches because they will happen. I had mine replaced as well when i got it and it was only about 10000 miles later i was having problems again so i ditched it. Get an exhaust, sct tuner with some custom tunes and let the smoke roll my friend!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 AM

I agree with corey on this ^ enjoy the truck looking into buying a red 07 soon for myself
Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm also a new owner! :D

Say, thats a really nice truck! I'm really into the color. I didn't see many like that when I was truck shopping in my area recently.

After wanting one for many years, I finally managed to get it! I'm very happy with it so far, except for the already persistent itch to mod it!
04 F-250 SD Lariat CC, 94k There's a couple things changed by previous owner. I'm still not sure what all they did to it but it drives great and has a really nice sound from the 4" exhaust system with 5" tip and (assuming there was one) the kitty being dropped. I'm not entirely sure what I should do to it first but I really just want a little bit more power for driving in traffic and the occasional tow. I'm also considering reliability mods but I have no idea which one is most important because I surely can't afford all of them at once!

Last edited by burnbones-kickrocks; 10-13-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you want reliability I'd address the egr cooler first. Its pretty much the root of most problems. Weak head bolts are another problem but again the egr is the cause of a lot of head gasket failures. And if your just looking at some mild performance for towing and such the factory head bolts may not be an issue. If your budgets tight you can get a plate to block it for as little as 20 bucks or the whole up pipe for 160-220. But a full delete if you got the money is the way to go. Innovative diesel and river city diesel have some good stuff you might want to look at for both the egr and some nice tunes for towing and rippin around the street.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Re:

Thanks for the info, Corey6.0. I have noticed there are a ton of places online to buy parts and get mod info but its always good to hear from someone who's actually been into this stuff for a while. I just want this thing to last for a while, especially since I've seen people push their 6.0's beyond 300k with the right mods and maintenance. The main thing that sucks for me is there really isn't anyone (that I know of) in my immediate area that is into these things. There are a ton of bone stock ones driving around getting work done every day but as far as I know, nobody around here really cares too much for ford diesel modifications. I can do quite a bit as far as mechanical ability goes, but I'm thinking some of this stuff is out of my league.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Thanks again guys! Burnbone, Nice truck too! Thats the same here, I dont really know of good diesel shops as well, except for what the Ford dealer has. I defiantly have plans for the EGR delete and ARP studs, which i think will be the best upgrade for reliability.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Ole White

Congrats nice truck
Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

nice truck phantom and burnbones, im diggin the color

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.