Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dually wheels and tire question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jacksun 
#1 ·
I would like to upgrade my stock wheels on my 07 f350 dually and I would like something like 20's or 22's the max and need you guys to school me in truck tires. I have a 2wd with 2" leveling blocks in the front, love the looks of the 4wd trucks so I want to go with T/A tires. I don't do any off roading and that is the reason I have a 2wd. So what should I look when it comes to truck tires. I have seen some M/T tires and they seem to be to aggressive for my taste.

Thinking on going with up to 35's tires for a bit more of a lift look since I can't find a lift kit for a 2wd truck.

I want to go with 20's or 22's not in .5 increments to avoid cost and other stuff I have read about them.

Now to the wheels, other than the eagle 058 wheels what other options I have in 20's?

I have seen the alcoa's and american force wheels but they are very expensive, what other brands are out there to consider, i'm looking for the classic style wheels?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
I would look into getting either some adapters for semi rims that come in half sizes like 19.5 or 222.5or does American force make rims that at semi tire size with the bolt pattern for us?

I say this because ive always wanted to run the semi tires. Sure itll be a bigger upfront cost but those tires would last you so long.

#3 ·
I found a used set of 22.5 but the reason I don't want them is because what I have read is the extra weight of the adapters, how expensive tires are and how hars the truck feels plus braking is also affected and I don't want to compromise braking.

I've been reading a lot about them and it seem that the problem is how hard the rubber on those semi tires are and that is why some people are trying to go with regular size tires. I have read also of some people having problem finding places to mount and balance the tires.

American force make direct bolt on wheels in 20 and 22 but are very expensive. The Eagles 058 are around $1600 for all 6 wheels but to me they don't look as great as the others. That is why I'm looking for other options.

When it comes to tires I don't know there, waiting for someone to school me there.

#4 ·
I think you would be happy with a set of bolt on 19.5's from what you've posted.

#5 ·
G rated 19.5's are not to bad as long as you don't over inflate them. H rated 19.5's are a little rougher but still not to bad again don't over inflate them they will ride like a rock. With direct bolt on you don't need adaptors.

Mike Baker's Library | Photobucket

#6 ·
Id like to hijack this thread for a second and ask if anyone knew of 19.5 or 17.5 rims that were for a single rear wheel setup. All i ever see are the rims for duallys not srw.

I really want to run these

#7 · (Edited)
did some searching and found it on a dodge forum. for anyone looking for semi rim sizes in a single rear wheel here

Rickson Wheel Manufacturing

also found these from vision they seem a bit cheaper. 81A HEAVY HAULER 8x170 about 830$ on ebay right now for 4.

emailed alcoa about them having singles for 8x170 bp. hopefully they do.

so these are the only 3 makers ive found that make these. the visions are the cheapest for alloy. the ricksons are i think a bit more expensive but apparently they dont make them in cast aluminum anymore, only steel and they 57lbs. which is a bit. and the alcoas i dont have any info on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.