Put it on the dyno - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Put it on the dyno

well put the truck up on the dyno today..have to say was kind of a waste of money.. 1st run, truck shifted down twice: 437hp 710ft/lbs.. 2nd run..ramped the recording speed to 65.. ran through the band pretty good, but for some reason it ran through the band hit 100MPH then sounded like it shifted again 404hp 698ft/lbs third run.. same as second..ran tow/haul got it in highest gear..eased into it under load, ran through the band and then it shifted up again..not sure where this mystery gear is coming from!! same:404hp 700ft/lbs.. the Hp was where i expected but torque was low IMO..

The guys running the dyno where great to work with but they usually dyno street cars so the diesels where throwing them off pretty good.. most of the numbers just didnt make much sense. there was an 03 f350 up there.. i think he was running intake, 5" turb back, and some chip ( i forget what it was)and a few bolt ons.. i think the poor guys best was 298hp & 440ft/lb.. that cant be right..i dont know how a tuned truck runs lower numbers than it should stock!! the guy running the dyno simply said our trannies were just too smart for the dyno..coudnt get a solid run it..oh..another good one..5.9 cummins with twins..built!! i was told the truck was put together very well.. his best was 640hp & 621ft/lbs....What? another cummins ran 666hp & 1350+- a few ft/lbs

overall it was a fun gathering, That Cummins Vette was sweet to watch!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Yeah, when I put my truck on the dyno I was pretty disappointed to say the least. On the dyno my truck did 350hp and 9xx tq. I typed into a calculator on line what I ran at the strip and my trucks weight and it came up with 432hp at the wheels. I have found that you can put your truck on numerous different dyno's and come up with a different number each time. IDK what your truck weighs, but with what your ET says in your sig, you should be pretty close to the numbers you ran.

-French
Old 10-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yea i was bumed out pretty good also mine dynoed at 370 and 630 one time then the next time it was like 260 and 400 the operator said my truck was defueilng or something :dunno
Old 10-15-2009, 08:28 PM

I just want 1000 lbs of torque how hard do you think that would be to get to? 437hp and 710tq is pretty good considering you just have intake, exhaust and tune.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Lt. Negativity

1000Tq, your gonna be looking into head studs, injectors 190cc - 215cc, VGT-SS or HO, or Non VGT 64mm or 66mm. Trans upgrades, fuel systems.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 AM

Thats a lot $$ I guess I better start saving lol. First things first, studs, EGR delete, guages and SCT. I already have the 4" TB
Old 10-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm302 View Post
yea i was bumed out pretty good also mine dynoed at 370 and 630 one time then the next time it was like 260 and 400 the operator said my truck was defueilng or something :dunno

yeah i dynoed 67hp 80lb/ft more than your truck, yet your crew cab is running a pinch faster 1/4 et than my single cab, Dynos are junk, waist of time and money.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

OP- for your mods, your numbers are pretty close. I have seen some other tuners squeeze out a bit more on HP, but the "trannies are smarter than the dyno" is a pure BS comment. it shows that the operator doesnt know how to operate his stuff plain and simple. for your run, I'd say thats pretty close.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM

6.0s always seem to be lower on the torque compared to hp ratio.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersnyper694788 View Post
I just want 1000 lbs of torque how hard do you think that would be to get to? 437hp and 710tq is pretty good considering you just have intake, exhaust and tune.
6.4 and Spartan you would be there way easy. Sorry I had too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.