quesion concerning egr - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quesion concerning egr

sorry im used to 7.3's, ...ok just bought an 04 f350, it has 106,xxx on the clock.. i dont plan on putting any kind of programmer on it all. just intake and exhaust.

should i be concerned about the egr delete and head bolts? i dont do any hauling nor will i be hot rodding it.. it will be a daily driver.

thanks for any input guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would go ahead and delete the EGR just for peace of mind. Its a well spend 500 bucks. As for an intake, it isn't worth the money on the 6.0. The stock intake flows very well. save the money you would spend on an intake for the egr delete. Studs seem to be hit or miss, some people (like myself) had 2 sets of factory bolts done under warranty before I just got ARP's. You may not have any problems, again its a good preventative mod if you have the cash.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Premium Member

well, you dont know how the person drove 106k with it before you. Without tuners these engines really do last a long time without many problems. Although some come across problems they mostly are due with high stress/boost, which either means tuners or towing. If you aren't doing either and are easy driving it, it really should be alright for you. Although you never know what damage is already been done... parts wear out no matter what. Just keep up on the maintenance. Maybe check an oasis report?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i attempted to do an oasis report, mid-way the system froze up and only got part of it, it was fleet truck for a company the sprays that green **** on the side of highways to make grass grow.. im sure it has been idle'd alot, so im going to clean the egr and the intake a bit.. im hoping i dont have any major problem out of it.. im not "in the green, like a crouton" so the less i have to spend on repairs the better lol
Old 10-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Premium Member

A work truck sounds like it wouldn't be driven too rough and probably not tuned. Might need the turbo and egr cleaned. Coolant flush, tranny flush, and what not. I bet you are good to go.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the input guys, i sure do love this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.