need to decide between 4, and 6" lift quickly - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need to decide between 4, and 6" lift quickly

the guy that im getting the lift from has to put in the order by friday in order for me to save like 100 bucks, so i need to decide.

anyways, for wheels/tires i have MT classic 2 18X10's with 325/65/18 ATZ's.

the brand im buying is superlift, im jsut getting the base kit at first, ill add the rear bar things, front steering stabilizer, and 4 link as $$ permits.

i still want to be able to tow with my truck, and want to even be able to gooseneck on it too, so thats a big deciding factor in the lift.

next question is, how will each like effect the rear parking sensors? i NEED these to work, because my tint on the rear is 5% and i night i cant see s*it out of it, so i rely on these.

also, how will each of them ride? my truck already doesnt fit in most parking garage's around here, so i dont care at all about that.

anything else i should consider when buying a lift?

basically i want it to look killer. it wont really be off roaded, mainly a street truck, and is my DD until i buy another truck to DD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't know about the sensors, but if your still wanting to pull a gooseneck with it I wouldn't go any more than a 4 inch. My brother in law tows a dozer all over with his 4 inch lift on his 03 f350. His has rear blocks instead of springs and he has cracked one so far.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

im definently goingwith blocks, not springs, because the aftermarket leafs arent stiff enough.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Anthony
I think 4" is perfect.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM

How tall are 325/65/18's?
Have you seen a lifted truck with a basic kit? You know it has a drop bracket for the radius arms right? I think the drop brackets hurt the look.
My rear sensors still work fine.
The lift didn't change the ride on mine at all. With the stock tires I can't tell but with the bigger tires you will feel more road. i.e. potholes, cracks
MT classics 2's where my 1st choice as well. The wife actually overruled for the Welds.
One thing to consider if you carry anything heavy or if your gooseneck puts a lot of weight in the truck that you really should pick a tire that is load range E
Old 03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

they come out to about 35/13.5/18

im getting these, because the wheels/tires have <500 miles on them, and im getting them for about 1K.

4" it is.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would NEVER even consider a Superlift again. I can't say that strong enough. Many cracks in the leafs and the ride is horrible. After less than two years the shocks are shot, the bushings are shot and the front springs on both sides are broke. I'm not that rough with it either. Hardly ever leave the blacktop. Had to later put the drop pitman arm in because the bump-steer was so bad it was a bit dangerous at highway speeds while towing. Got a friend with a 6 inch lift with the same problems as well plus a couple. He went with the rear blocks and the axle wrap is rediculous. Had to replace U-joints a couple times a year. I didn't have that problem with the 4" but I used add-a-leafs instead of blocks. If you like to drink a coffee or something while driving forget about it with a Superlift. You'll learn to keep your elbow way up in the air away from the arm rest. For what it's worth.
Joe
Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

well i wouldnt be using leafs, mine would replace the front coils, and would use rear blocks, so i maintain factory rear ride.

ive also noticed that the 05-07's ride better than 99-04's to start with. this is also the first bad thing ive EVER heard about superlift.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Definitely 4 inch for that size tire, it will fit just fine, exactly what I had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.