Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

where is the ep sensor?

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bismic 
#1 ·
Is the ep sensor located on the driver side manifold towards the back and underneath the manifold? If so where are the wires supposed to connect into? This looks like some aftermarket wiring to me and it looks like they disconnected the wires from out of the manifold to wherever they lead to. can anyone tell me where they go? If this is the ep sensor this could be why my accelerator has no response. I have a tread posted for that. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
The EP (or EBP) is where you described. You may or may not need it.

MY 03.25 to 04.25 "06E17action" - PCM eliminates the EBP sensor input.

For trucks built prior to Sept 29, 2003 - the PCM does not look at the EBP (so it is fine for it to be disconnected).

#4 ·
New style EBP Sensor location (and tube)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=8671

"Facing the side of the motor on the drivers side look at the font of the valve cover. On the drivers side you will see a tube coming up from the side of the valve cover. On the top of the tube you will see an electrical connector. That is the EBP sensor. Below the coolant reservoir and behind the master cylinder and mounted to the valve cover."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.