19425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
I Like Shiny Things :)

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
6.0 Chat Thread

Alright, since nobody else has done it yet, I guess it's up to me to start this one. That way we can get back to "on topic" in the "what did you do" thread No topics in particular required.........if it doesn't take off I'll kill it, otherwise I figure it may help wrangle in a couple of the other threads. Up to you guys though.

So there's the awkward start haha.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 King Ranch F-350: Studded and O-Ringed, BPD Oil Bypass, 205/30s, Stage 2 KC Turbo, ODAWG Ported Manifold, 4" TB Exhaust, No Limit Intake, Billet Torque Converter, BPD 58V FICM, BPD Water Pump
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5" Leveling Kit, 35s, Fusion Bumpers, ProTech Headache Rack, OnBoard Air, and a few other goodies
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nighthawk285 For This Useful Post:
SparkyF250 (07-20-2016), waggonerj (07-20-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.
john galt likes this.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, Blue Spring, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, custom front bumper replacement, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #3 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Lol nope, that's fine with me.....high traffic exposure, with no topic for any/all answers and/or generic discussion....that's what I had in mind lol.

Do you NEED to? No....the 6.0 starters are just fine and have been used for years. Do you WANT a faster, higher RPM start? Then absolutely now sounds like a great time to do the swap. If you want new OEM, I'd go with either Sunrise or ANWBL here from the supporting vendor section.

2005 King Ranch F-350: Studded and O-Ringed, BPD Oil Bypass, 205/30s, Stage 2 KC Turbo, ODAWG Ported Manifold, 4" TB Exhaust, No Limit Intake, Billet Torque Converter, BPD 58V FICM, BPD Water Pump

2.5" Leveling Kit, 35s, Fusion Bumpers, ProTech Headache Rack, OnBoard Air, and a few other goodies

post #4 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,237 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like "preventive maintenance" to me...

Some people cant justify replacing good parts, others are in the mindset that "while you have it apart fix it all"
john galt and BROWN616 like this.

GD

post #5 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Just depends on what your budget is like and what you want out of your truck

Speaking of...I have a 6.4 starter that needs rebuilt sitting on my bench that I have had since early last year....maybe it's time to finally get that done.
john galt and Heavy_GD like this.

Last edited by nighthawk285; 07-20-2016 at 07:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nighthawk285 For This Useful Post:
Rollincole (11-13-2016)
post #6 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.
I got mine off of ebay, from a puck and pull type place for like $60 shipped. One of the best swaps I've ever done. I recharged my batteries at the same time too so i had to stop myself from sitting in the driveway starting it a bunch of times. I was so excited by the power starting. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2006 F250 CCSB -

post #7 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now we have a new goal to get another thread to 50k posts haha
The Following User Says Thank You to cthurston09 For This Useful Post:
john galt (07-20-2016)
post #8 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Question guys, I read somewhere the adapter for the fuel sensor on the bowl is a 12-1.5. I have the adapter set. What do i do to install? Just remove the plug and let it drain and install the sensor? Or is there any other special thing I'll need to do. I mean, I know thread locker, o-ring on the adapter, etc. But is it that simple?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

2006 F250 CCSB -

post #9 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter99 View Post
i had to stop myself from sitting in the driveway starting it a bunch of times. I was so excited by the power starting. Lol.
This is classic "you might have a problem if..."
john galt and Scooter99 like this.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, Blue Spring, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, custom front bumper replacement, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #10 of 11294 Old 07-20-2016, 07:58 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1403 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
Good idea.

Depends on if you want your truck to start like this...
john galt and HP MACHINE like this.

03 cclb dually,6.0,arp studs,bpd oil cooler,bpd 6 phase ficm,bpd water pump,bpd all aluminum cac,all aluminum radiator,amsoil bypass oil filter,ipr high flow coolant filter,egr delete,livewire ts tuned by Vivian & tony,php ficm tuner,dc power 300-spx,Detroit trutrac,6" dual side pipes,07 front end,custom front bumper,shaved badges,led button roof lights,08+ mirrors,12 tailgate,13 rear bumper,13 tail lights,dropped I beams,custom rear 4 link w/bags,k5la train horn,24" alcoa's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
john galt wizard , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , over spray , peanut butter , possums , post count , turbo farts , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode