Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
3M views 44K replies 377 participants last post by  mpholland 
#1 ·
Alright, since nobody else has done it yet, I guess it's up to me to start this one. That way we can get back to "on topic" in the "what did you do" thread :lol: No topics in particular required.........if it doesn't take off I'll kill it, otherwise I figure it may help wrangle in a couple of the other threads. Up to you guys though.

So there's the awkward start haha.....

#2 ·
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.

#3 ·
Lol nope, that's fine with me.....high traffic exposure, with no topic for any/all answers and/or generic discussion....that's what I had in mind lol.

Do you NEED to? No....the 6.0 starters are just fine and have been used for years. Do you WANT a faster, higher RPM start? Then absolutely now sounds like a great time to do the swap. If you want new OEM, I'd go with either Sunrise or ANWBL here from the supporting vendor section.

#6 ·
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.
I got mine off of ebay, from a puck and pull type place for like $60 shipped. One of the best swaps I've ever done. I recharged my batteries at the same time too so i had to stop myself from sitting in the driveway starting it a bunch of times. I was so excited by the power starting. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Question guys, I read somewhere the adapter for the fuel sensor on the bowl is a 12-1.5. I have the adapter set. What do i do to install? Just remove the plug and let it drain and install the sensor? Or is there any other special thing I'll need to do. I mean, I know thread locker, o-ring on the adapter, etc. But is it that simple?

#10 ·
Good idea.

Depends on if you want your truck to start like this...

#12 ·
Question guys, I read somewhere the adapter for the fuel sensor on the bowl is a 12-1.5. I have the adapter set. What do i do to install? Just remove the plug and let it drain and install the sensor? Or is there any other special thing I'll need to do. I mean, I know thread locker, o-ring on the adapter, etc. But is it that simple?

Just for a longevity purpose, maybe look at the FP sensor relocation hose? IIRC it's a Driven Diesel product. I just know that the elect. FP sensors don't seem to like the vibration in that area over a couple years.....

#14 ·

#18 ·
FOMO post and not 6.0 related.

I just ran down a parasitic draw on my '07 Expedition. It was the subwoofer/amp circuit and the third fuse I pulled. :woot:
My lazy azz has been screwing around for the past month or two just sticking a 2 amp charger on it overnight instead of taking 15 minutes to find it. Of course, it could have taken a lot longer and it's still not truly fixed. I'm not even sure at this point where the amp is or what it's going to take to get to it. Even then, will it be the amp itself or will I have to chase a harness. For now, my "still lazy" azz is just going to leave the fuse out.

#chatthreadmembersince13:30_072016

Reactions: john galt
#20 ·
Did you really just hashtag that post? smdh lol.....
You noticed.

LOL, I thought it would probably get someone's attention. I didn't really have anything to add to the current line of discussion, so I thought it might get a :hehe: or a :doh:. Turns out maybe it will be more of a :pointlaugh: