warranty ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
warranty ?

I have an 05 6.0 and I realize the 100,000mi or 5yr engine warranty is almost up.I bought the truck about 1 1/2 yrs ago with 36,000mi.I now have 60,000 with no problems knock on wood!!..I never got an oasis on the truck and to be honest I didn't want one because I felt if I knew what was wrong or if there was anything wrong I would look at the truck different and I would always be waiting for the problem to re-occur as stupid as that sounds,lol.....The sticker on the driver side door says 1/5/05 so I guess thats the build date?..Is there a way that I can have the dealer go through the engine even though there is no problems?,,Like checking head gasket,injectors or????...Or should I just leave well enough alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM

Was underneath the truck today and around the oil pan were to screws that had oil on them and around the pan where its up against the tranny looked oily but not dripping..This normal or should I have it checked..I never noticed any oil drops in driveway and I always look...Thanks for any info
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
njmudrat,
Not an expert, but I would say if you are not losing oil, ie dripping in the driveway, etc, you should be ok. As for the oasis report on your truck, I would get one just to see. Odds are, if you bought the truck at 36k, there isn't going to be much on the report, but that is just me, I would be curious to know. I bought an 06 back in June w/97k on it and I had the oasis run. It had three warranty services: egr cooler replacement, transfer case solenoid replacement and brake pedal pad replacement. I also made the decision to go with the Ford Dieselcare ESP. It extends the warranty on 13 engine components, including head gaskets, egr cooler and injectors and warranty is good until 200k or May of 2013, which ever comes first. It cost me $1700 at a local dealership. Hope I never have to use it, and I prolly could have spent that money on new tires and an SCT tuner, but this is my first diesel and I feel better having it. May not be for you, but it is something you might want to consider.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Thx for the reply..Like I said the truck runs great.Just hope it stays that way,lol...I don't use a tuner and very little towing so i'm hoping to get alot of trouble free miles out of this truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.