Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT X4 Question on Tune Downloads?

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Msp079 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I bought my truck a month ago and I know my SCT x4 has 3 custom tunes on there....1. Aggressive Street...2. Extreme Street...3. Tow tune...

I want to put a fuel economy tune on it, since the Aggressive Street tune is sucking fuel big time.....I got 200 miles on a half tank and once the needle went past a half it is dropping fast....Although after I burned thru the 1/2 tank the rest has been city driving...

Before I go fishing online, can anyone set me up with How to buy and download a custom Economy Tune for driving?

Do I need to purchase any type of adapter etc so my SCT and plug into the computer or lab top etc??

Thanks All!!

#2 ·
The SCT should have come with a USB cable (if you bought it new) if you don't have one it uses the same plug most android phones do.

To get a custom tune go to your pick of tuner fill out the info and order. You will receive an email from said tuner with your tune file download it to your computer open SCT device updater (you can download this from SCT) go to load custom tune files (or something like that don't have the program currently installed on this computer) hit browse find where you downloaded your file to them move it to installed tunes then hit save.

Generally speaking the hot tunes net the best fuel economy if you keep your foot out of it.

#3 ·
Ok I will look into it.....Maybe Since I am going to get fuel when I get out of work, I ll switch the tune to the Extreme tune and see what type of mileage I get....Just worried on the coverter lock but I dont drive like a mad man anyways.

#5 ·
On my SCT when I go into the tunes area..It says pre loaded but there is nothing there....Then it has Custom Tunes with 3 options...Ill try the most aggressive tune and see how it goes....

I still need to get around to doing the gauge mod for the coolant reservoir to monitor pressure etc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.