Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Engine Load Percentage?

18K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  johnnybgood 
#1 ·
So Im wondering, I put the engine load gauge on my SCTx4 and I was wondering what exactly that represents and how the percentage is determined?

Anyone got any answers? In the meantime, Im heading too google.

#2 ·
I've seen that on my Edge CS2 as well as my X4. I think it's a joke it's not accurate from what I have seen and even if it was it serves no purpose. Use the gauges for a useful PID

#3 ·
I have the load percentage set up on my Livewire ts but have no clue as to what it means. I don't see any difference when pulling my camper or not. Maybe someone will chime with the answer because I would like to know also.

#6 ·
I have it up on mine as well, if i start the truck when its warm outside but the oil is still 70 or 80, ill just keep the load low until it warms up, about all i watch it for. That and trying to draft behind semis

Reactions: johnnybgood
#7 ·
I have it up on my main torque pro screen. Just something to watch for consistency and lugging i guess. If it holds up high for to long or if i start seeing higher %'s then normal on my daily drives to and from work, i'll figure something is wrong. Its usually 45-55% accelerating to 50 or so. My different ficm tunes show different load %'s. Higher the tune, lower the % it seems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.