Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket or OEM wheels with spacers?

632 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Master_Chase 
#1 ·
The rubber on my X is getting a little thin and I'll be replacing them before too long. I am currently running 18" wheels and was thinking about going to a 20" wheel and 35" tires, maybe a 295 or 12.5 inchers.

I like the looks of the OEMs better than aftermarket, but I've been read both pro and con on using spacers (2").

I don't have a lift but I have upgraded springs so I don't think I'll have rubbing issues
General Spring 43-818 front
Universal 43-1263-ME on the back with stock block
(anybody know what "code" springs these correlate to)

Any suggestions on wheels and or tires?

#2 ·
It's not the height that you worry about with rubbing with new model oem wheels. The backspacing/offset is different on them. The newer wheels have more offset and rub on the inside on our older trucks.

#3 ·
If I understand correctly, the later model OEM wheels have a +40mm offset and the X is set up for 0 offset so I would need a 2" spacer to provide the clearance. I guess my real question is should I run spacers or not

#4 ·
I have 20" OEM Platinums from a 2013 they needed 2-inch spacers and robbed a little when turning on my 3in lift with V code springs until I pulled the fender back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.