Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Might be Buying Tomorrow Crazy??

3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Msp079 
#1 ·
So I am looking at a 05 f350 harley davidson edition truck tomorrow..loaded minus nav...under 105k miles...asking 25k firm...This is whats been done...Would I be paying to much at 25k?.....No rust or rot

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 6" stage 4 lift with dual steering stabilizers
-37x13.5R20 Toyo Open Country M/T tires with less than 3K miles
-20x10 Fuel Throttle wheels
-ARP headstuds
-EGR delete
-MBRP 5" powdercoated turbo back exhaust
-wicked wheel
-Blue spring mod
-Mishimoto Radiator
-oil cooler
-stand tubes and funny plugs
-Sinister Diesel coolant filter
-6.4 banjo
-Air Raid air filter
-SCT X4 tuner with tunes from Innovative Diesel
-All new fluids front to back
-LED interior and license plate lights
-Recon smoked cab light lenses
-5% tint on the front, 2% around the back
-All new Raybestos ball joints
-EGT, HPOP, fuel pressure A-pillar gauge pod

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Come pick up mine
2006 lariat, 79,000 mi
BPD egr cooler
Bpd HD oil cooler with filter relocation
Stage2 64.7mm powermax
WPE ported intake manifold
UCF o ringed heads
H-11 head studs
Mishimoto intercooler
Mishimoto radiator
Dieselsite waterpump
Airdog 2 165 4G
175/30 holders injectors
Warren diesel comp plus trans
Bpd 58v ficm
Amp research power steps
Pioneer app radio 2
Crescendo mezzo component speakers (2 pair)
5% tint all around, 30% on windshield
Color matched plastics, with shaved 08 tailgate.
08 rear bumper
22x14 american force burnout and 37x13.50 toyo mt
8" superlift with full leaf in rear, no block
Idp ficm tuner
Sct x4
BD ported exhaust manifolds
All oem updates, dummy plugs, standpipes, stc fitting, 6.4 pushrods
230a leece-Neville alternator
Everything is powdercoated, IC pipes, diff cover, suspension, turbo housing, intake manifold etc.
Resi shocks all around
Morimoto 5k hids
Coolant filter
Fumoto plugs for your fluid changes
Rotella elc coolant
Pmf dual stabilizer with bilstein 5100s
Icon adjustable Trac bar
4" turbo back exhaust
Blue spring

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting also

Reactions: onealmx11
#7 ·
Come pick up mine
I'm more of a work truck type, but - dang @j.mo - I must say that is a fine looking vehicle.

My only concern would be getting in. Climbing up the front tire onto the hood and then using the mirror to step over the open door sure seems like a lot of work... lol.

#5 · (Edited)

Reactions: onealmx11
#6 ·
J. Mo....can't afford your truck man....I'm not crazy on the tints that he has on the truck I would have to get them changed out..I do like the truck..he came down from 28k to 25k...won't go any lower than 25k....I'll check it out tomorrow but def don't want to over pay....That LBZ even those doesn't have,the bells and whistles on the inside it's a 06 and looks to be clean but darn 5 hours away ....

#17 ·
#16 ·
How much you want for your truck JMO

#18 ·
MSP079

If the heads are good and same with the oil cooler and EGR and you like it, sounds good, especially if the mods you want are done. Could spend a long time finding something similar for cheaper.

#19 ·
Ahhhh you can't sell it. I have too much money into mine to sale. You have more into yours then me but I have a off the rails stereo going into my truck. My McIntosh sound system cost way more then I will admit to along with all of the other things I've done. My truck sits in my workshop 99% of the time, heated and air conditioned environment. I've only put 8,000 miles on it over 2+ years I've owned it. It's not getting any older that's for sure, but it did hurt to see it go past 50,000 miles :(

These trucks hit the wall at around $30,000 just because of their age unfortunately. Can pile money into them and you will never get it back. Yours looks like a 2006 to me, only because it looks like mine. I have $15,000 into tires wheels suspension and having the engine BulletProofed the proper way. Between all the stuff I've bough for the truck including stereo I'm betting it was more then what I payed for the truck.
But the stereo can go into whatever I want, including my shop if so desired.
You can't sell it............you would not sleep if you did is my gut feeling....................

Reactions: HP MACHINE
#21 ·
No truck over 10 years old is worth more than $20 000 IMO, at least not until it gets past 25 and becomes a classic.

Otherwise, those mods sound really nice. I'd offer $20 000 in hand. 1000 $20 bills is a good motivator. Walk if he wants more. Just cause the heads were done doesn't meant they were done right.

#23 ·
Have you researched the 05s much? I know there were some difference with some of them but not what all off the top of my head. I have a couple buddies with 05s and one of them had a MAF sensor on the intake tupe and the other didnt. I personally think the 05 was kinda of an odd year.

Got any pics of the truck?

#24 ·
My 05 has that funny gauge with the red wire. But the wiring harness has the plugin for a proper MAF. I was debating purchasing a MAF sensor and installing it in place of that other thing (air velocity gauge?).

Reactions: Rattlesnake18
#26 ·
Good looking truck. Still, not a cent more than $20 000

#27 ·
That guys not going to sell that truck for $20,000........not gonna happen. If the engine is sound and no head gasket problem I would think $25,000 is a acceptable price. It should ride nice with that Icon suspension on it. I must say I always get nervous when I see a gauge pillar in these trucks. Often the guy has pushed it pretty hard with hot tunes.
If it had o-ringed cylinder heads I would be more comfortable with the phrase: BulletProofed.

I would for sure bring gauges and for sure a 1/4" liquid filled gauge to screw into the spare outlet on that Sinister coolant filter.
For Damn sure check the pressure on that cooling system, if it all checks out I'm sure it will be yours at $25K

Reactions: JustinOOO9
#28 ·
Honestly your not getting that truck for 20k sorry. You would be hard pressed to find a truck that clean, lower miles, and... the lift, tires, wheels, studs, programmer....

if your serious about a 6.0 take some gauges and see what the oil/ coolant temp is and buy it.

I know I sound different than the other guys but I buy and sell vehicles all the time, your not gonna find a truck like that any cheaper.

just make sure you check out the front end, brakes, and the readings from turbo, oil/coolant temp and make sure the trans isn't sliping.

#29 ·
Done deal ..drove the truck tonight...drove..and shifted great...guy just drove it on a trip to Ohio last week and no issues....no rust or rot..truck came from Florida....with the upgrades and Harley edition ..been looking for 2 months...I'd be hard pressed to find another truck with the same mods interior etc and clean.....isn't much out there believe it or not that isn't beat to hell

#33 ·
Good for you, how does it ride ? Curious about the Icon suspension in it. Nice truck you are going to like it.

#34 ·
Thanks mhateln...

The truck ride super smooth...it has adjustable knobs on the back rear shocks to either stiffen or loosen the ride quality....very pleased with the truck....Just waiting to finalize everything and put it in the driveway.....I will keep you updated on it...

Question for you guys.....I heard the stock intake on a 6.0 is actually really good but reading on this forum....should I continue to run it or replace with a aftermarket at some point like a S&B ?

#35 ·
The stock intake filters can handle quite a bit but I personally like my S&B for the ease of cleaning the filter when needed. I think the stock unit is a pain in the arse to remove and reinstall when the filter needs to be replaced. Plus, for what the new filters for the stock unit costs, an aftermarket intake will end up paying for itself after a few stock replacements.

Reactions: john galt
#36 ·
I gave away my S&B intake and reinstalled a OEM filter assy. The OEM filter is waay better that I can plainly see. Now if you are tuning it and making big power then you will want the S&B on the truck. Also if too much oil is put on it you can foul the MAF sensor.
I'd go OEM but up to you.

Reactions: Rattlesnake18
#37 ·
Yes, stay away from oiled filters. If you want a quality filter, consider the Donaldson or Amsoil dry OEM replacements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.