Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stock fuel pressure issue

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  843Powerstroke 
#1 ·
My fuel pressure is very speratic. Sometimes it idles at 45psi and other times 55psi but during normal driving it is normally right around 40psi. Under wot it is at 30. Even sometimes just idleing is will bounce between 30psi and 40psi pretty fast back and forth. My fuel pressure gauge sensor is located on the top of the fuel bowl. I have the blue spring mod and fresh fuel filters. Iv dropped my tank and made sure there were no restrictions. I tried a new stock fuel pump but it didn't help. What eles should I check? My injectors are absolutely awful and the truck runs terrible. I want to fix this fuel pressure issue before I install my new 175/stock noz injectors. Any ideas? Thanks!

#3 ·
Fuel filters - Check
Blue Spring - Check
New stock fuel pump - Check
No restrictions - Check

Have you bled your sensor line? Or is the sensor right on top? The bad thing about those ones in the top is if there's an air bubble in there, it can do exactly what you're showing and give false readings. Did you just put the sensor in? Or have you had it in and this problem started out of the blue?

#4 ·
Did you replace the pump or the HFCM?

#5 ·
I didnt do any bleeding. I'm not sure how to do that. Id say the sensor has been in for 3 months. That cap is the billet one with the fitting on the top for the sensor to screw into. I only replaced the fuel pump and cleaned up the housing. But Installed the gauge and sensor at the same time and that's when it was brought to my attention so it has been doing it the whole time iv been monitoring it.

#7 ·
Crack it open a bit and then turn the key to the run position and then close it.

#9 ·
When I dropped the tank and looked inside the original pick up screen at the bottom of the tube was broken and falling apart. I cleaned out the tank and took that old pickup and screen off and just ran a line from the metal fuel line a couple in from the bottom, to the bottom of the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.