Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Using Edge Insight CTS2 on different truck

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  davidtong85 
#1 ·
I looked for this, but couldn't find any info. I can't see why it wouldn't work since it's just a monitor and not a tuner, but not sure...

A buddy of mine is getting an intermittent wrench light on his 2006 F350 6.0 and he currently has no monitoring system in place. Can I pull my CTS2 off my 2005 and hook it up to his 2006 and pull codes, or is there some VIN interference that won't allow me to do that? I know without my EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor that it won't read those, but i'm not worried about that right now (nothing indicating a fuel issue).

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

-jokester

#2 ·
Shouldn't be a problem as it's just reading from the obd port. since there is no tuning ability with the insight it can't hurt anything.

#3 ·
That's what I figured. Thanks.

-jokester

#4 ·
not sure if this was touched on but you will have to program the cts to his vin then back to yours
otherwise totally doable

#5 ·
make sure you reset all the tunes back to default before you unplug it off your truck and move it over to his.. shouldnt be a problem

#6 ·
The edge insight doesn't tune the engine just monitors it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.