Bad vibration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bad vibration

i know that there is a lot of posts about trucks vibrating but the things that my truck is doing seems like i havent seen any other truck doing. When i get to about 50 MPH my truck gets a bad vibration to it. The vibration will stay there as long as i keep my foot light on the throttle. As soon as i let off the throttle or hit the throttle harder it goes away. I have some movement in my carrier bearing and my u joints dont look bad. The vibration is still there in 4 wheel drive but seems to go away when the truck is put in neutral. being new to diesels im at a stand still not knowing if the carrier bearing can still be problem if the vibration goes away in neutral. truck is stock except a 2" leveling kit in the front, any help is appreciated , thanks everybody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Lt. Negativity

Does it have an aftermarket exhaust ? might be the downpipe causing that. cause thats somewhat how mine feels like.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ive been having the same issue lately but been trying to ignor it. Feels like its coming through the floorboard on mine. I cant figure it out for the life of me, thought it was a unit bearing for the longest time but i checked those, u joints, ball joints, out put shafts on the transfer case....and so on but no joy. Only thing i could figure was maybe it might be the tourqe converter or something in the tranny.... im gona keep any eye on it though.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No aftermarket exhaust. Ive tried looking to see if i have a possible exhaust leak. Everything looks ok. I dont see any cracks or holes anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.