Who works out of their Superduty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who works out of their Superduty?

So I am an insurance adjuster now, I work out of my truck and drive everywhere. My truck is my lifeline, my sleeping cabin at times, and carries all my junk.

I have tried to add a few things to make it more "livin on the road worthy"...

5% percent window tint..
Hardwired GPS (Garmin Nuvi FTW)
2008 Center console (Makes a great place to put my laptop and work if I need to)
Toolbox full of tools, and a bed full of ladders lol

I'd like to start carrying a sport bike in the back of my truck and get a side mount toolbox, so I can bring the R1 with me when I go out of state and have something to do when I'm not working...

Anyways, who else works out of their trucks? What have you done to it?

Pictures, anything just curious... I'll throw some pictures up of mine in a few...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
I don't work out of my truck, but I spend a lot of time in it. I went 15% front window tint (just to match the rears), Garmin Nuvi GPS, and Midland CB. I'm looking at a Kenwood 9140 head unit for tunes and media. This has been, by far, the most comfortable truck I've owned (I've owned a '07 F150 King Ranch and '04 Cadillac Escalade).

Definitely throw up some pics when you get the chance. I'd like to see that '08 console in your truck. Pretty easy swap?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Truck is definitely very comfortable. When I haul loads I can drive for like 15 hours non stop before I need a minute to walk around. Its just doesn't beat you back up like my Chevy did.

Anyways, the 2008 center console bolts right in. You have to remove the front seats, you mount the brackets for the console under the seat brackets, put the seats back in and then install the console. Feels like a brand new truck again. Much much much better than my 03 Console.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
That looks pretty sharp! When I was shopping for my truck I was debating whether to buy a truck with a center seat or center console. I ended up getting it with a center seat. It sits up high enough when folded down that I can use my laptop on it. Oh yeah, I keep a small hp netbook in my truck with an AT&T air card...internet anywhere I get a cell phone signal.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM

I wonder if you could get a hitch mount for the R1. I have seen them for dirt bikes.

I like my huge center laptop holder fold down arm rest.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 AM

15 hours straight...damn, I would have to piss several times in that span
Old 09-04-2009, 10:40 AM

motorcycles are much heavier than dirtbikes... the tongue weight is too much for a hitchmount... but they have tire chaulks to mount in the bed for motorcycle guys and then the other thing I would buy is called a canyon dancer so you can tie it down... its a great option if even if you dont get anything else I highly recommend it... I work out of all of my trucks and I am in them for days on end sometimes as well... but I usually try and find a hotel as a bed is much more comfortable than a seat... LOL.. and I wont pic wh0re my truck as everyone has seen them numerous times and it is in my sig... but I have a converter so I can run my laptop and I will have a hard mount for the laptop very soon...
Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
motorcycles are much heavier than dirtbikes... the tongue weight is too much for a hitchmount... but they have tire chaulks to mount in the bed for motorcycle guys and then the other thing I would buy is called a canyon dancer so you can tie it down... its a great option if even if you dont get anything else I highly recommend it... I work out of all of my trucks and I am in them for days on end sometimes as well... but I usually try and find a hotel as a bed is much more comfortable than a seat... LOL.. and I wont pic wh0re my truck as everyone has seen them numerous times and it is in my sig... but I have a converter so I can run my laptop and I will have a hard mount for the laptop very soon...
I would think a R1 would not weigh to much for our trucks toung weight. It weighs mabe 400lbs.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
Hmm, maybe those wheel chocks would be a good idea. As per on the road, if I am racing, I get paid hotel usually a suite, I won't lie . But If I am by myself, Im a cheap bastard... The back seat works fine, my feet up on the armrest and my head against a nice pillow.

What laptop mount are you getting? I would like to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Duraturd View Post
15 hours straight...damn, I would have to piss several times in that span
I swear I have the biggest bladder ever. I can hold it for hours and hours but I seriously piss FOREVER. Theres got to be something wrong with me lol
Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

That is a sweet center console!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.