Oasis results: should I be concerned? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oasis results: should I be concerned?

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of research. I currently have a 2004 F150 Super Crew and am considering a move to a PSD F-250. I've found a 2004 super Crew, 4x4, King Ranch with 47k miles. The original warranty is expired, but there is some time left with the 72mo/75,000 mile Premium Care. (report shows exipration date of 2010, but it went in service 7/04. Shouldn't it expire in 2011?)

Anyway, I have a warranty service report run today. I wish it were more complete to show maintenence, etc. but maybe I can still get that. Here's what I'm seeing, from oldest to newest entry;

10/2008, 39.9k miles. altenator replaced, battery replaced

2nd ticket but same date: stoplight switch assembly replaced
3rd ticket, same date: IDM MOD ASY - FUELINJ Qty (1). (1 injector replaced if I read that right)

4/2009, 44k miles: COOLER - EGR Qty (1), COOLER CRANKCASE OI Qty (1), TRANSDCR-EGR BACK PR Qty (1), Oil filter and oil. Then it also lists GASKET CYL HEAD but Qty (0)

It's in the shop right now (ready to pick up) for a failed "exhaust sensor". I was told the truck ran fine but the light came on.

No outstanding campaign messages

there is also a note that the vehicle owner name must match name on Oasis for warranty to be applicable. Is this typically transferable?

Oh, price fo rhe rig is $25k

Thanks in advance!!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Wouldnt scare me a bit.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road2Show View Post

Oh, price fo rhe rig is $25k
i just bought a 05 F-350 dually crew cab lariat 4x4 for 25k but it had 89 on the odemeter idk if thats too much or not but considering that yours should be a little lower. however that could be what they go for in your area
Old 09-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Thanks for the quick responses! Is the EGR cooler something that can fail repeatedly? Is it less likely to fail again or no difference?

Any thoughts on if the warranty can be transferred?

And oh, I'm in Southern California if that makes any difference to the pricing/etc.

Cheers!
Mike
Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road2Show View Post
Is the EGR cooler something that can fail repeatedly? Is it less likely to fail again or no difference?
well i had it for about 2 weeks and the EGR cooler took a sh1t on me. some engines will run great and some dont. guess it just a matter of luck on finding one that doesnt have as much trouble.

best of luck on it though
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash350 View Post
i just bought a 05 F-350 dually crew cab lariat 4x4 for 25k but it had 89 on the odemeter idk if thats too much or not but considering that yours should be a little lower. however that could be what they go for in your area
Lower KMS and it's a King Ranch! Not too bad for price. I think that the 2004 model has less torque than the 05's. I bought my 2005 King Ranch FX4 Club Cab 4X4 dually 4 months ago for $19,000.00 Canadian, but I had to do head gaskets so I did the egr delete at the same time. That report shouldn't scare you too much, egr coolers on these things are a major problem so first thing that I would recommend that you do is delete it and that will take care of a huge part of your potential problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.