Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2004 6.0 head bolts/ studs

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  1fastsvt0816 
#1 ·
hey their just bought a 6.0 last week. This will be #2 for me and i love them. I'm trying to figure out if this motor has factory studs or the upgraded ones. i attached a few pictures if they help.

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
The EGR cooler is not necessarily ruptured. ...but, if you continued to run it with a clogged oil cooler, it would get there.

#16 ·
Pretty much any time you exceed a 15* delta it will cause some damage to the egr cooler, especially the 05+ 6.0s with the fin style egr cooler. When you go in for the delete do the oil cooler right then and there. I would in the mean time, do a good chemical flush and catch as much crap as you can in the oil cooler. Then go back in with red elc coolant and never worry about it again after you swap the cooler out.

#19 ·
If you are sticking the oil cooler back in the valley, just get the Ford OEM cooler. The site sponsors Tousley/Autonation or Sunrise can take care of you. Just go to the vendor forum.

If you are thinking oil cooler relocation, look at IPR or BPD.

...and look to BPD if you are ditching the OEM cooler entirely and going air-to-oil.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.