Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Advice on shocks

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mjc 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 f250 6.0- with 60,000. My question is how good/or how long do stock shocks usually last? The second question is if I replace them what is a good brand? Theres a ton of options out there and every company claims to be the best???? Any recommendations? I drove a freinds f350 and the truck rode like a dream. My truck is stock, I put a set of firestone transforce on and am running about 60/63 psi in them. Thanks for the feedback !

#5 ·
BDS is a good brand, Monroe shocks are good, Ranchos RS 5000 not the RSX,
Then you got the Edelbrock extreme with external resivior. and of course the bilstiens. There are others but that is a list to pick from

#7 ·
Ironic that i come across this thread seeing as my fathers 250 gasser needs them......... well he wants to swap them out to see if it will ride better. He picked up a set of gaberial, anyone ever use these?
Thanks for your input guys

#8 ·
monroe reflex is a very good truck shock they give up a little ride comfort but they are very good and stiff for towing this is what i put on mine and you can get them at napa for around 160 to 180 for the set of 4

#11 ·
Looking also, Monroe Reflex they want around $50 around here. Thinking these are the ones I want to try. I did stop by my Ford dealer to talk to them. A buddy runs the parts deptartment. He wanted to sell me the Ford stock Rancho shocks. Are these any good? I don't think they are the rs5000.

#12 ·
dont buy the ford rancho because they ar not rancho shocks. they are factory ford shocks that rancho paints and puts a sticker on there are no differences between what you have now and what they are

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.