Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Texas Tea motor oil?

7K views 70 replies 17 participants last post by  jacksun 
#1 ·
#2 ·
All the amazon reviews look good, i have an oil change coming up, let me buy books and then I'll be the guinea pig

Reactions: mikeb01453
#6 ·
#11 ·
Not when you go through the checkout and see the price for shipping...although that may vary depending on where you live. Cheapest shipping was $42.00 UPS ground which made it $23.00 more than Amazon which had free shipping

#8 ·
WAL MART still has Rotella T6 cheaper by the gallon rotella t6 synthetic 5w 40 - Walmart.com than going to either autozone and picking up a 5 gallon bucket of t6, or getting the texas tea on line.

My last oil change came out to 4 gallons even.

#9 ·
Rotella t6 isn't 100% synthetic but in my opinion it's better than 15w40 Dino.

#12 ·
When I went to checkout and put in my address it said $0 which I thought was odd. I'm glad someone else priced checked.

#14 · (Edited)
Even if I checked it shipped to my old address in Lake Havasu Arizona it was $22.50 ground which is 2 bucks more than The Zon. Seems like a decent price for %100 synthetic diesel rated oil...maybe not a bargain but who knows.
Plus oils and oil additives are such a great thread...what if it cures my stiction....OMG...now we have a thread going...:)

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#15 ·
I said I thought $0 shipping was odd but maybe it's free because I'm in Texas.

Reactions: Jarrod B
#18 ·
Rotella t6 isn't a real synthetic.

Why do i feel like that kid in the game rap battle when he hands out the wrong number, when i say rotella t6 isn't a real synthetic.

#20 ·
Just did a little research looks like they are based in San Angelo, TX.

#21 ·
Juat ordered it from amazon, along with my oil drain fumoto valve and archoil 9100.

#24 ·
Thank you, that is the one I was looking at. Gonna get one of those the next time I order from amazon.

#33 ·
I have one on my truck but not on my 335D or 05 Wrangler.

Some people need a drip free oil change because there F*****G HOA constantly sends them letters about BS problems. (If you want a rant about that I can give you one)

#34 ·
Well since i already spilled 15+ gallons of diesel in my parking spot at my apartment and Stained the asphalt and have a straight 5" straight pipe and like to listen to loud rednecky music when i do the oil change. I'm going with that for ease and getting out from under the truck quick.

#35 ·
Figures. Wonder if they know they kind of messed up. Email telling me they failed to ship it in the alotted time. Therefore im not charged. Doubt ill ever get it

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.