what is the best egr delete kit - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Coast Diesel Performance, in my opinion, has the best egr delete available. Also, I would recommend using River City Diesel headgaskets with ARP Head Studs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflan View Post
Thats not necessarily true. The EGR delete makes doing the studs somewhat obsolete
Quote:
Unless you're boosting out the ***, its not necessary...
Quote:
The reason why you get a head gasket blown is because engine coolant gets in the cylinders. Another problem with the EGR, your taking exhaust filled with carbon and recirculating it through your intake manifold. There was a pint of carbon in my intake manifold when I deleted my EGR. You can still bore out the head with the ARP studs... Assuming you delete the EGR the high strength head bolts aren't required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2d2live View Post
I have it on authority of a Ford diesel tech that EGR delete will eliminate blown head gaskets, and he has seen a stock 6.0 pull 700hp on a dyno...... but hey go ahead and spend your money.............
An EGR delete will slightly lessen the chances of blown gaskets. But whoever told you it totally eliminates blown gaskets is A) Either a liar or B) Doesnt know what they are talking about
Old 08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Dave is dead on, iEGR deletes will lessen your chances or reduce the risk of blowing headgaskets but it will not prevent blown headgaskets, you can take that to the bank.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I have it on authority of a Ford diesel tech that EGR delete will eliminate blown head gaskets, and he has seen a stock 6.0 pull 700hp on a dyno...... but hey go ahead and spend your money.............
Talk about fantasy world ............

The main issue with any debate is longevity. One data point on one dyno, on one day (but I really even doubt the validity of this) .....

Torque-to-yield bolts are just as the name describes. They stretch - a little bit at a time. Each time they stretch they weaken. A little bit at a time and then they start leaking. Happens very slowly at design cylinder pressure and temperatures - assuming that the torquing was correct, the heads and deck were flat, etc. Even though it happens slowly, it still happens.

Eliminating the EGR system can keep coolant out of the intake and it can reduce the likliehood of turbo sticking. These are good things for sure, but there are many other ways that overboost can occur and combustion temperatures can soar.

Studs are a requirement for LONG-TERM reliability - even stock.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Stock 6.0 pull 700hp on a dyno
Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Stock 6.0 pull 700hp on a dyno
Old 08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think the point was a stock block 6.0 could pull 700 hp. Not that a stock 6.0 produced 700hp. Coolant in the intake increases head pressure which when combined with chipped engines leads to head gasket failure. EGR delete "eliminates" coolant in the intake mfld. Obviously there are other sources of head gasket failure, i.e. the head gasket/
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I replaced my head gasks, and deleted my egr cooling tube a week ago and my truck has been running horrible ever since. used to get 430 to a tank, now getting 250 and blowing all my fuel out the exhaust. SOMEBODY HELP!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman View Post
I replaced my head gasks, and deleted my egr cooling tube a week ago and my truck has been running horrible ever since. used to get 430 to a tank, now getting 250 and blowing all my fuel out the exhaust. SOMEBODY HELP!
always best to start a new thread.
sounds like you screwed up a injector while doing the other work.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 05 F250 and i noticed I was losing coolant. It has the banks big hoss kit. I did some research and decided to go with the erg delete kit for 150$ on eBay. Just got my truck back and now it is running like crap. Before it ran fine and now it has a 20% miss to it. The coolant system is over pressurizing. We took it for a drive and the harder you get on it the higher the air pressure. I think i have a bad head gasket? My truck is under warranty but I'm unsure if the new egr delete kit will void it or not?? 97,000 miles banks kit was put on around 45,000 miles or so. does anyone know if this kit voids warranty or will they not notice it when i bring it in for tests?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.