Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Louder turbo whistle ?

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
Would this be the best route to get a louder whistle on my 2007 without spending a fortune?

MBRP S6212PLM Turbo Back Single Side Off-Road Exhaust.

Not looking for engine exhaust noise really, just turbo whistle. I know I will get engine noise but I understand this is the best cheap option, not looking to upgrade turbo.

Would like to order it today.

#3 ·
Putting a straight pipe exhaust will increase the sound of the turbo... but there is very little turbo whistle to the 2004-2007 turbos. That "famous" 6.0 whistle comes with the 10 blade turbine wheel found in the 2003 turbos, pmax, and stage 2 turbos. KC Turbos also has a drop in 10 blade turbine that can be installed if you have the knowledge to take the turbo apart (not for guys who are not experienced).

I can help you with either option. Just let me know. Send me an email... kcturbosinc@gmail.com

KC 64mm stage 2 turbo (best option IMO)
2003 new drop in turbo (2nd best option)
10 blade drop in turbine wheel (3rd option)

This is what the average 2003, stage 2 turbo will sound like... but it is actually a video of one of the KC turbo 10 blade turbine wheels.

#5 ·
Putting a straight pipe exhaust will increase the sound of the turbo... but there is very little turbo whistle to the 2004-2007 turbos. That "famous" 6.0 whistle comes with the 10 blade turbine wheel found in the 2003 turbos, pmax, and stage 2 turbos. KC Turbos also has a drop in 10 blade turbine that can be installed if you have the knowledge to take the turbo apart (not for guys who are not experienced).

I can help you with either option. Just let me know. Send me an email... kcturbosinc@gmail.com

KC 64mm stage 2 turbo (best option IMO)
2003 new drop in turbo (2nd best option)
10 blade drop in turbine wheel (3rd option)

This is what the average 2003, stage 2 turbo will sound like... but it is actually a video of one of the KC turbo 10 blade turbine wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0dl3ZywYj8
Thanks guys, I would love to go one of this routes but budget is an issue. I just got a winch and don't want to spend more money. I thought I could get a noticeable whistle sound out of a straight pipe.

#7 ·
I just sent him an email.

Thanks

Reactions: Heavy_GD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.