07 Lariat Outlaw - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
07 Lariat Outlaw

I was thinking of trading in my 05 F250 for an 07 250 Lariat Outlaw.

When I bought my 05 they didn't have any incentives (low APR's) but they do on an 07 Lariat Outlaw.

I think I can get the Outlaw for about the same monthly payment as my 05 and just wanted some thoughts on the differences between the 05 and 07 (besides the 15ppm fuel requirement) engines, etc.

I love my truck I have now but would you upgrade to new 07 with an Outlaw package for the same payments?

If you'll notice my garage I kind of like chrome. But I figured if I add a little chrome extras like I did on mine I might could get it where I like.

I would like to put some red racing stripes on it to match the red stripe on the sides and the interior. Does anyone know if I can get an aftermarket hood scoop for a super duty?

Thanks for your input. I just can't make up my mind.

Ricky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to trhland
go for it!!! just what ever you do dont buy an 08 i saw one today at the court house were i had to go for jury duty.which sucked.but any way there was one there in the lot and i have to say its ugly as crap.im glad i bought an 06
Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

In my search for an 07 I have seen a few 08's. I just don't know about them. Part of them I like and part I don't. I mainly like what they did with the interior. I haven't found one with a paint job I like to make up my mind on the outside, they have all been white, white w/silver, silver or red.

No FX4/Lariats and they still want 51k for them. The guy at one place said they had 2 come in but they were both sold before hitting the door. So you know they won't be giving any deals on those anytime soon.

Ricky
Old 02-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

An '07 with the 6.0 will not require 15 ppm fuel, but that's irrelevant because you likely can't find 500 ppm fuel anywhere since the first of the year. If you like the 6.0 then go for it. You'll have 2 more years of warranty with the 07.

I also believe that the 2010 6.4 is the one to wait for. Once it has proven to be a reliable motor, I believe that you will see higher hp ratings and by then you will know that it's going to be a good motor.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to 03-6.0PSD
Pictures of Outlaw?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:49 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

[QUOTE=720Deere;102141]An '07 with the 6.0 will not require 15 ppm fuel, but that's irrelevant because you likely can't find 500 ppm fuel anywhere since the first of the year. If you like the 6.0 then go for it. You'll have 2 more years of warranty with the 07. QUOTE]

I was just going by the stickers on the pumps that say Low Sulphur - 500ppm is not legal for 2007 and later year models. Let me know if I can use the 500ppm because I worried when I travel if my normal stops would have the 15ppm or not. Since they technically have 2010 until the nationwide deadline.

Ricky
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Didn't go with the Outlaw.

Just didn't like the Blacked Out look.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhpilot View Post
Didn't go with the Outlaw.

Just didn't like the Blacked Out look.
you did good though
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=uhpilot;102340I was just going by the stickers on the pumps that say Low Sulphur - 500ppm is not legal for 2007 and later year models. Let me know if I can use the 500ppm because I worried when I travel if my normal stops would have the 15ppm or not. Since they technically have 2010 until the nationwide deadline.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Read your owner's manual when you get some time. There should be a sentence in the 6.0 book about being able to run high sulfur diesel in a pinch. They reference more frequent fuel filter and oil changes when using higher sulfur content fuels.

Your '07 was not built to comply with the '07 emissions and does not require 15 ppm fuel.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I haven't seen a pump yet in Atlanta that has the new fuel. The QT that I went to last week was still pumping 500ppm and the Chevron today was still 500ppm. I'm not sure if the stations are waiting until the last minute or what. I'm guessing that it is costly for them to clean their holding tanks before pumping the new stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.