CW4 Retired, US Army
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alexandria, AL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My first round of "newbie" questions
OK, I've searched and read for some of these answer and all I got was more questions. (there's more to this diesel stuff than I ever imagined)
1. I assume black smoke bellowing out of the exhaust on a diesel is a good thing. Just going by the pics on here and the lastest edition of Diesel Power mag.
2. I read something about cooling your turbo before shutting off your engine. And that repeated, short, quick starts and stops are bad. What is this all about?
3. I haven't seen Delo 400 mentioned much on here. This is what I have been using based on the advise of the guy whom actually talked me into getting a diesel. Of course his is a 7.3 though. Is Delo a good oil for the 6.0 or should I go with the Rotella?
4. How do "Green filters" rate with you guys. I know where K&N stands but I've had a Green in mine for a while. Should I put the original back in, I still have it (hardly used)?
5. On the 6.0 is changing the fuel filters just like changing the oil filter. Screw top off, remove old filter, replace o-ring and filter, screw top on. I have seen where it remarked about how hard it was. Didn't know if they were refering to the 7.3 or not.
Ok, this is enough questions........for now.
Boy, I feel like I'm taking a college class with all the reading, researching and stuff I'm learning.