Think I just made a mistake...oh and another thing.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Think I just made a mistake...oh and another thing..

So I ordered my 5100 Bilstein's and have come to the conclusion I might have ordered the wrong thing for the front of the truck. I really hadn't paid much attention to the rake of the truck and now I see why my truck seems to sit lower on the front compared to others I've seen. I just thought I needed a complete lift kit instead of a leveling kit.

The Bilsteins only show 0-1" lift for these to fit, but I think I might need 2 or 3" to get level. Looks like I might be reordering and selling these cheap. Can anyone recommend a good, easy to install lift kit?

And the other thing....

On the way home today I kept hearing what sounded like a loud airhorn tone coming from the front of my truck. It wasn't deafining loud but loud. It Only did it for a second or two and it would change intensity if I left off the throttle. It only really seemed to do it above 50mph. I wonder could the belt be slipping making this noise?

Weird!

B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 PM

silly sounds like you need to get that air horn fixed. Mine sounded like what you described under boost, it was head gaskets. You puke yet? Hope it is a degas cap or something simple. I am confused on your other question but this takes it to the top.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
check your i/c boots and make sure the clamps are tight. that air horn sound could be air rushing around the boots because the boot is ripped or pipe coming out.

and if i am reading your first question right, the shocks for 0-1 is right for a stock truck. 2-3 would be for a leveling kit.

if your truck has a leveling kit you may want to get the bigger ones but i believe you can run the 0-1 shocks without any real problems.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Ok, no puking as of yet and I drove about 40 miles again and never heard it again but it wasn't as hot out. I'll drive around some more tomorrow and see what it does. I've not noticed any power loss or drivability problems.

I'm thinking I should have ordered a leveling kit and then got the shocks, so now I have to re-order the proper shocks. Oh well....
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Oh when I heard the sound I was in cruise mode, not accelerating heavily or anything.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Ok, got the shocks in..glad I decided to do it..had a busted shock on the pass side front. Ride has improved a great deal, wOOt! Drove around a good bit today and never heard the noise again..BUT... going down a steep hill and coming to a stop the truck just cut off!! It started right back up and never did it again while I was out..I wonder if it was my water in fuel sensor so I am going to drain it a little tonight. I picked up a serpentine belt and a can of Sea Foam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.