turbo help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo help

Ok the run down here is we have a 2003 6.0. The oil cooler melted down and was leaking oil into the coolant. So we ordered the liberator performance remote oil cooler kit and the egr delete kit. We got everything installed and hooked back up and then we had some turbo problems. We replaced the turbo with a brand new reman'd unit and the truck ran fine for a few weeks. Now we are back to no boost and throwing turbocharger performance codes again. Any ideas here? Truck starts fine and ran fine before the tear down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Lt. Negativity

First question do you have a SCT tuner ?? IF not theres your problems

1st off- you got a EGR delete kit not without a tuner eliminating that in the tune your probably gonna throw codes on a stock truck I think not 100 percent sure.

2nd what turbo did you installed ? 03 or another year ? is the VGT plugged up correctly ? What codes are being thrown ? Where did you get the turbo sounds like maybe a bad turbo or VGT selniod. If I think of more I'll post up. Also post up the codes you got.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply. The truck has a edge juice w/Att on it. We were told that nothing was needed but just install the kit. The EGR is actually still plugged in it doesn't throw codes on the EGR side. I will have to post up the exact codes when I get to the house tonight in about an hour. Turbocharger performance is all I can really remember on it.

It was an 03 turbo from MI Turbo.

Last edited by KyleOH; 07-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Lt. Negativity

Edge is one part of your problem to begin with. Toss it and get an SCT. As for the EGR aspect I'm not 100 percent sure hopefully someone else chimes in on that. post the codes it help us try and figure it out for you better.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok well the truck ran fine for a few days after we unplugged the egr. Made good boost 23lb and had no problems. Then sitting in the driveway it started to throw codes. I didn't reply and codes before because it started running fine and no codes.

Well now AGAIN no boost and getting codes P2263 , and P0403 . I know the second one is EGR related but we never got this one before even with the EGR unplugged. Any ideas besides the stupid edge box, (truck ran with the edge for over 30,000 miles)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.