6.0 oil change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 oil change

I just changed the oil on my truck again and what a pain in the beepbeepbeep. I hunted all over to find a oil pan that would hold 15 qts but it sure makes a mess when the oil hits it (I think it's a Blitz). Oil just splatters everywhere. Secondly when I add new oil the only funnel I have found that works is a long transmission funnel and it is very slow filling plus you have to hold the jug the whole time.
Has anyone found a good funnel and a good pan to make this any less painfull? HELP!!!!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Hello big D,

Look, this may sound a bit basic, but by the time you are my age you have found out how to do things the easy way....

First of all the pan. Get a 20 litre, 5 gallon plastic container, you know the type with the handle moulded in on top? Black is best, because it won't look oily and dirty all the time... Ha! Cut the top off, and you have your "pan".... and you can squeeze the corner a bit with the other sides, to make a nice pouring spout as you pour it back into 20 litre tin drums...

Now the filling side... Buy your oil in the larger 5 gallon type drums, and get a hand pump. They come with about a 5' hose, if it does not reach, set it on a milk crate or something. The first time, count the number of strokes to make a quart, and that will get you close to the fill range....

Either that or if you have the little containers, just break down and buy the funnel in the right size... But I like pumping out of a drum... Mind you, in Australia, I have a Mack 4x4, Landcruiser, and 2 Fords in my Driveway... I only buy oil in drums... Ha!

My oil changes, with the fancy paper filter that drains down when you crack the lid, my oil changes are fast, clean, and EASY....!!!

Lone Ranger in Oz....
Old 02-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Emergency Services

Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought thisto drain the oil. Best 20 bucks I spent. It has a spring clip for the handle and there is no way it can accidently be bumped to drain the oil. Oil changes are a breeze. No wrench needed and the oil drops straight down in the tub. Here is a link to their web page:Engine Oil Drain Valve

I found a large funnel to fit the fill tube and use the 1 gal jugs to refill. I alos use a large plastic tub for draining the oil. I don't think it took me all of 15 minutes to do the last oil change.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:22 PM
im fat and ugly

man i got all my stuff at walmart and had no problme
Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM

I use the 5 gallon bucket also and for a funnel I use a 1 quart oil container and cut the bottom out of it and instant funnel, pour as fast as you want.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Find an empty 5gal container from frying oil, like you buy around Thanksgiving for frying turkeys. They are a great height and when you get done draining the oil, you can store it in the container as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:55 PM

I use the Blitz pan and place a big flat piece of cardboard under it as a "drop cloth".
Old 02-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to trhland
just drain it in the sewer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.