Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

has anyone pulled there stock 6.0

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Stoker0560 
#1 ·
Well are truck pulls are wednesday night and im thinkin bout pullin my stock 6.0. I will have straight pipe, gauges, and egr uppipe delete. I ordered a small chip from dfuser but i do know if it will be in yet or not. My question is what gear should i pull in. Im thinkin 4l and 2nd what do you think? please let me know if you have pulled stock before. Thanks guys

#2 ·
seen a lifted excursion a while back pull in 4lo and drive. The thing shifted up to about third by mid track then started downshifting as it got close to the end, performed quite admirably in my opinion. Was just a school teachers daily driver!

But I really dont have any good advice for you :p You could try first and shift to 2nd if it can pull it maybe? Lets hope someone else chimes in...lol

#4 ·
I think 4l drive I would use the tow haul mode. I love that pulling my 5th wheel. good luck with that, post your results.:scuffy

#6 ·
I just pulled my truck this past Friday and pulled 247.8 feet. I could have done better, but I didn't put the throttle to the floor, I didn't want to start hopping. I pulled 4 low in 3rd gear and ran the rpm's up to 3,800. Hope this helps some.

BTW, I got 30th out of 50 trucks and I pulled against some guys pulling in the 2.8 charger class. I don't think that I did horrible, I just could have done a little better.

-French

#7 ·
:agree:cool, congrats there you go redcrew spool it up and add go juice lots of it.

#9 ·
I think it really depends on tire grip and track conditions on how much you'll spin, i'd start in 2nd and go to 3rd if the track is loose enough. Just let off the throttle a hair when you shift and I dont see any problems coming up...

Just remember: If it breaks it needed upgraded anyways!

#10 ·
#13 ·
its hard to say , just make sure you do a boosted launch so you can get going right away, i did 4lo-2nd last year stock and it sucked, i just kept bouncing off the rev limiter and dident get all the speed i could have, but its your truck, 2nd is just to slow imo.

#12 ·
Honestly i would say 4lo 3rd is too high..i pulled last year 4lo 2nd gear stock pulled like 275 (+ -)got 3rd out of 9, had the highest top speed in the class! ..3rd gear i couldnt get the sled moving..just last weekend i pulled same event.. this year i got the SCT with Erics tunes..first class i pulled 4lo 2nd and before i got half way i was hittin the rev limiter, tried to shift into 3rd, missed into drive and lost all my momentum and did horrible, second class i started 4lo 3rd and by the time i got the truck into some good revs it was too late and the weight was to far on me.. next time im pulling 4lo D!! obvoiously theres many factors, sled weight, track condition, tires, temp, everything..i pulled better stock last year than i did tuned this year! its an art..WATCH THE WHEEL HOP!!these trucks love it! i bailed both pulls this weekend in fear of losing my front end!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.