'05 F350 6.0 House of Diesel VIDs & Thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 F350 6.0 House of Diesel VIDs & Thread

VID is Posted at the End

Well I haven't posted anything of the vehicle that I've actually had the longest, the '05. I picked it up back in late 2004 and it was the first longbed extended cab that hit my dealership. I was sold as soon as I read that they were coming out with a coil sprung Super Duty. I had been fooling around with the hole stuffing big tires with the minimal amount of lift ever since the '99s came out between my family's, friends and my Excursion. I could fit 37"x12.5" with no lift, the proper backspacing, and some professional wheel well trimming. We own several ranches, have big families, use every bit of our 8' beds, and hunt in some pretty hard to reach places. All those mixed together and I need a truck that could haul my 35' Gooseneck, yet be able to get places that only a Jeep or quads should be able to go. So I took my list that I had already spent years thinking about and got to work. Here's how things went.

I needed large tires for maximum ground clearance yet as little lift as possible for a low center of gravity. As little extra parts as possible, because the more things you add the more that can break.

4" Donahoe Racing (Now ICON) 4 Link Long Travel Lift
17" Weld Cheyennes
40" Goodyear MTRs

Next I wanted big power and between holding onto my '96 for so long and the 6.0 being a hole new ball of wax I had to do some research and start from scratch. I started with the Edge Juice. It was awesome, but I still wanted more power. Then while at a Cal. Deer ***. dinner one night I met a guy in Redding that had a small shop and after talking for awhile it seemed that we might make a good team. He had all the connections and I had the ideas and some money to invest since the Stucco business had been so good. First mistake was, the company I chose to use, having all the advertising made them seem like the key to getting some huge numbers out of my truck. I wanted to test products before I sold them and like many of you I blew a tone of money right out the window. After that I threw my stock turbo back on and started doing other projects like the SuperCrawler and my 4.6 SVT RockBuggy and the '05 never got solid attention, until 2007. In 2007 I came up with the idea and had done enough testing to package complete kits and sell the to dealerships. I'd make them close to the overly priced cheap stuff they sold but with better quality parts, more dependability, more simplistic, and cleaner looks. The only problem was that dealers wern't willing to cut into their bottom line to give the customers a better product, and it never took off. I sold and installed some kits over the past few years but once the economey turned at the beginning of 2008 by mid last year I was forced to shut the Redding shop down. I still own a shop in San Jose that has a different name but I just do work on my own stuff at my personal shop in San Martin. Oh well last year I finally got the bugs worked out with the list below and hit 445 RWHP at BD Dyno Day, 485 RWHP at the J&H Rally, and just over 500 at a local shop in Gilroy with no additives on a Dyno Jet with no correction. With the low gears its a slug at the track but in its prime for pulls and dynos. Don't be fooled by all those Liquid and Gas inhansed numbers. Seeing is believing.

BD Turbo
Banks Intercooler / Volant Intake / 4" Downpipe - 5" Single Stack
Edge A2 w/Juice Platinum and Stage 6
Hypermax Injectors
BD Trans.
4" Icon Vehicle Dynamics Long 4 Link Long Travel Kit
Deaver Springs Rears
40" Dick Cepek's on 20" Greg Weld
35" Nitto's on 17" American Racing Wheels for Dyno and Drag
4.30 Gears Elocker Front / Detroit Rear
Winch Ready Rear Bumper / Warn Hide-a-Winch Front
Viking Winch Rope
B&W Gooseneck hide a ball

I have several other videos of it that I can finally edit with my new HD editing program so I'll add them over the next couple of weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EVBE17YRt4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 PM

NEW VID!

NEW VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTf8bZ_155k
Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 AM

YouTube - Smith Motor Company / House of Diesel Sled Pull 2005 6.0 Powerstroke

YouTube - Testing the 05 Ford Powerstrok Burnout and Launches Blowin Smoke House of Diesel

Old 07-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Banned

Nice truck and videos
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM

NEW VIDEOS

Dynoed the 05 Powerstroke last weekend to the tune of 443 RWHP on Diesel Fuel only in 90 degree heat. I've previously tested the difference in numbers between running the 40's and 35's and its around 75 HP so that puts her easily over 500 RWHP with 35's. And NO CORRECTIONS. I'm tired of seeing all these BS numbers that people are adding 20% to their curve. If you add corrections your talking flywheel not rear wheel. Oh well here it is:

YouTube - 6.0 Ford Powerstroke 443 RWHP on 40s FUEL ONLY NO CORRECTIONS

Last edited by HouseofDiesel; 09-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 AM

Thats a very nice well bult truck yopu got there fella... Good job...
Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350Buster View Post
Thats a very nice well bult truck yopu got there fella... Good job...
Thanks man, it's been a lot of work, but way more fun!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 PM

I love the look of it in the first pic with big tires and like no lift. Thats what i wanted to do but i am not sure if i can with leaf springs.
Great job man with a nice looking rig
Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninmike View Post
I love the look of it in the first pic with big tires and like no lift. Thats what i wanted to do but i am not sure if i can with leaf springs.
Great job man with a nice looking rig
37s no problem. For 40s you'd have to run a huge off set wheel, and the 99-04 bearings can't handle that. AGR used to make a Rock Ram Steering assist specifically for the 7.3 Powerstroke that would help, but I'm not positive if they still offer it.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
nice looking truck, sounds good too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.