The "motherload" maybe? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The "motherload" maybe?

This came from another forum where the guy posted he recieved this in an email.... i got kinda excited about it!

USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

The U.S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only scientists and oilmen knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota ; western S outh Dakota; and extreme eastern Montana ... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discove ry since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years,' reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U.S.oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological break through ha s opened up the Bakken's massive reserves... and we now have acces s of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 41 years straight.

2. [And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from TWO YEARS AGO, people!]

U.S.Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006 Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush
mandated its extraction.
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates :

-8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
-18-times as much oil as Iraq
-21-times as much oil as Kuwait
-22-times as much oil as Iran
-500-times as much oil as Yemen- and it's a ll right here in the

Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this!? Because the democrats, environmentalists and left wing republicans have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil.

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

but yet are economy is in the tanks.................i wish i could be a politician there so smart!!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Because the democrats, environmentalists and left wing republicans have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
OMFG, when did this come out and I wish it was on the front page of news websites.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Conservative and Proud

I thought they had drills near Billings ??? Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Everyone in Saudi Arabia drives a Mercedes. They are very very wealthy. It would be nice to be rich lol
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Holy s**t! I wonder what $16 a barrel will do to the cost of a gallon of diesel? Should be next to nothing at the price! Know we just need to get McCain and Palin in the White house so that we have a chance at tapping this resource.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
I thought they had drills near Billings ??? Maybe I'm wrong.
They do. And they also have rigs in williston north dakota. most of what they are drilling for at the moment is natural gas...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wonder if extracting it might affect this: Yellowstone Supervolcano

I don't have any idea; just curious.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Conservative and Proud

Doubt it, that would kind of be like saying drilling off the Washington/Oregon Coast would cause Mt St. Helens to erupt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.