fuel prices and fuel quality - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel prices and fuel quality

I recently had a short discussion with other members of the forum on fuel price and fuel quality. Unfortunately every member involved quietly bowed out of the conversation. I would really like honest input and anyone who believes that perhaps the folks at the top of the food chain (or oil chain) may be taking us for a bunch of half wit suckers. My primary bone of contention is fuel quality, consider the following: 20 years ago ar so I was purchasing deisel fuel for approxametly 15-20 cents cheaper than regular unleaded Maybe 65 or 70 cents per gallon. Gas remained more expensive than deisel until about 2002 when the price of fuel began to act like stock prices and folks attempted to save money by NOT buying gasoline vehicles. Since the begining of the transportation revolution there has had to be an additive procedure with the usage of deisel fuel to make it more user friendly. As a consequence we were willing to temporarily sacrifice mileage for peace of mind. Summer would return and so would the quality of our deisel. Now, having said that, Why wouldn't it be possible to double or triple or even quadruple the dilution solution used to keep deisel from gelling in the winter time all year long? less fuel per gallon must mean less overhead at the pump. but we still pay the same price.
1 gallon of deisel = 3.83 (today)
1/2 Gallon of deisel =1.90
+
1/2 anti gel solution (estimate) .50 = 2.10
that is 1.73 profit on something they did not sell.
I am only guessing here but anyone that has seen a gangster movie knows that when Scarface buys a key of coke he cuts it with something so he has 2 keys of coke thus doubling his money and selling NOTHING.
I ask the good people of the Powerstroke forum to help set the record straight.
Tune your trucks, monitor your driving habits, document your consumption and who you get it from . Maybe if enough of us do this we will be able to expose the corruption and inspire people to perpetuate self sufficency .
e.g. I have a restuarant. I could sell my WVO to Oil recyclers for .40 per gallon OR i could thunb my nose a the rich getting richer and GIVE my wvo to my loyal customers .
Or maybe we could just catch big oil robbing us and beat them all up
I hope my barely coherent rant made sense to someone and maybe two of us could bust these guys asses and get into their pockets like they get into ours.
They dont just steal from me they take from my children and my grandchildren

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm sorry i guess i don't really follow your post... i read it a couple of times. are u suggesting that we tamper with the solution of diesel fuel... making it weaker in the summer, and back to normal in the winter? if you are worried about fuel quality and have a bone to pick you could always look into making your own fuel since you have a restaurant company that produces gallons of cooking oil. the folks at the top of the oil chain have everyone by the big ones because no matter how high they raise prices... people WILL, no matter what, pay for it. no boycotting technique will work on them because they will halt production immediately. so we all will have to get used to meeting the... "they supply what they want while we will always have a high demand" dilemma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.