WHY do I have to be so honest...? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy WHY do I have to be so honest...?

My conscience got me AGAIN.

Ok, tonight I went to get a little fuel, I'm broke so it was gonna be $20 worth to last me as long as it can til my first real paycheck next week. Anyway, I go up to the place I always get my fuel cause it's the cheapest in town. $4.09 before tax which works out to be about $4.34 or something. It's 3:15am, I go to the pump, flip the thingy and I put about $20 worth in. The diesel pump, you can't prepay on there cause of the tax trick. When I go to the counter/shack/thing to pay .... all the lights are off... and nobody's in there. I look at the sign and they closed at midnight...
I'm thinking OK the pump must have worked cause there's no prepay... how am I supposed to pay? I wasn't about to do a drive-off cause I couldn't live with that and knew for damn sure I'd get in TROUBLE. I couldn't see any cameras but I know that don't mean they aren't there. So I ended up leaving $20 with a note saying that the pump just worked and the date and time and said "Keep the change. ... sorry" I figured I was being VERY nice. Shoved the money in their lil bank-style drawer thingy (btw I could TOTALLY reach the cash register no problem....... not good) and shut it good.

Here's the thing, I could have EASILY just not payed and took off, and got my $20worth free. But even worse ... The pump has no limit... nobody was there to take my money Can you say FREE DIESEL FUEL!!! How EASY it would have been to just fill 'er up til it about spills out and GO. They don't re-open for another 3 hours!
But I didn't.
I had to share it cause I'm half happy for myself and half beating myself up for basically turning down a full tank of fuel free, stealing or not.

Sry for the book, thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
well you are a better person for being honest. i admire honesty in people and i respect you more for doing the right thing. it shows you have good integrity.. good job.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:50 AM

I was going to bust your balls here but in all honestly, I would have done the same thing...Karma is a biitch...you did the right thing so something good will happen to you soon
Old 08-14-2008, 12:50 AM

i would of filled up and left an i owe you note
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
i would of filled up and left an i owe you note
Oh how I wish, but I bet the authorities wouldn't find the humor in it. PLUS I do not own the money to have paid for it later even if I did.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Oh how I wish, but I bet the authorities wouldn't find the humor in it. PLUS I do not own the money to have paid for it later even if I did.
well say you filled up and then notice they were closed and didnt feel good leaving money where it wasnt safe...............but really i prob would of done the same as you
Old 08-14-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
I was going to bust your balls here but in all honestly, I would have done the same thing...Karma is a biitch...you did the right thing so something good will happen to you soon
Oh I'm a big believer in Karma. I dunno how many of you think it's real but it IS. I've had many (well. enough) experiences with it to know it's real and it bites and it hurts. I thought of things like ... i have a snap-style tonneau cover and a tailgate that don't lock. I got all kinds of crap in there that could get stolen. I got a toolbox with $800 worth of tools in it in my cab... y'know I gotta lot to lose! Lol!

But that was hard. If they do have camera's they'd see me pace back and forth 5 or so times deciding what to do. I stared at that pump for a long time I mean I am BROKE, I'm talking low double digits in the ole bank account ok. It was tempting.

Kinda glad I didn't. I sure feel good inside... I just hope nobody else figures it out and DOES steal a bunch of fuel.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
well say you filled up and then notice they were closed and didnt feel good leaving money where it wasnt safe...............but really i prob would of done the same as you
I did think of that. But I folded the money up in the paper and put it where you couldn't see it from outside. And they open up again at 6, so I figured it'd be ok. But if it was like $150 or something I MIGHT have left a number for them or even stayed there I don't even know. That would've sucked.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
well you are a better person for being honest. i admire honesty in people and i respect you more for doing the right thing. it shows you have good integrity.. good job.
Between this and the ROTM ordeal (still, I'm sorry Rwalker about that mix-up, glad we got it taken care of) ........ maybe I can find a girl or SOMETHING
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Oh I'm a big believer in Karma. I dunno how many of you think it's real but it IS. I've had many (well. enough) experiences with it to know it's real and it bites and it hurts. I thought of things like ... i have a snap-style tonneau cover and a tailgate that don't lock. I got all kinds of crap in there that could get stolen. I got a toolbox with $800 worth of tools in it in my cab... y'know I gotta lot to lose! Lol!

But that was hard. If they do have camera's they'd see me pace back and forth 5 or so times deciding what to do. I stared at that pump for a long time I mean I am BROKE, I'm talking low double digits in the ole bank account ok. It was tempting.

Kinda glad I didn't. I sure feel good inside... I just hope nobody else figures it out and DOES steal a bunch of fuel.

i dont know about karma ive always done the right thing .....well almost always ........always helping people with whatever i can ....but it always seems that i always get bit in the azz for somthing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.