Frustrated! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Frustrated!

OK, Well I just bought bought my truck in november of 2007 and cant tell you how much I love this truck, but im afraid I just cant afford it. Fuel price is soring. I put over 100 bucks a week in the tank. I have wanted a diesel for soo long and figures right when I get it fuel jumps like this. Something has to be done. Not only that I paid 22,000 for my 03 truck, and trying to get that amount for it now is probably unheard of. So we are putting all this money into our tanks and the value of our trucks is plumeting. Its not fair. I would gladly run off road in my tank and screw the tax and DOT, but i dont wish to damage my motor. Why pay tax on fuel when your tax dollars arent doing jack for you. Im 23 and finally got a good job and some money to get some of the things I have wanted for a long time and now that I finally have it I dont want to give it up. Its just not fair. I really needed to vent on this. I just seems noone is doing anything about it and its a pretty big problem. It also seems that everyone is extremely misinformed about all this. They hear the prices are going to go down but take a closer look, b/c there not and im tired of hearing they are. Im tired of people talking about it. Everyone wants to cry about it but noone wants to do anything about it. But is there anything we can even do about it. I dont know im just pissed, b/c I have worked my *** off for what I have and it sucks cause thats where all my money goes and I can barely afford it now. Seems to me like things are going to get REALLLY bad. I hope not, but I just dont see things getting better. Sorry, and again I just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Find a 4 cylinder beater car to drive back and fourth to work. Then just drive your truck on weekends and special occassions.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
buy a motorcycle, im not telling you to do it, but now adays offroad is ULSD it wont hurt your truck, just a different color.. we all feel your pain. but were just pees in a pod
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 AM

yeah, I would buy a 4 cylinder or a bike if it would put me ahead, and im not to sure it would. I drop a couple grand on a 4 cylinder or a bike plus insurance, it pretty much puts me in the same boat... or worse. Is there any reasonable prediction as to how long this is going to go on.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:11 AM

red diesel wont hurt your truck i run it it mine a little and have never hurt anything but when i get home i am going to run it all the time but if you get a reasonably priced older 4 banger your only out about a 1000$ plus liability insurance wouldnt be to bad i mean i understand your pain but that is similiar to what i do and its not to bad and i dont have a good job lol haha
but as to your ? of a time length as long as none of us do anything it will continue to be a problem as long as they can get away with it they will
they say well fuel in europe and places is 8.00 a gallon but they have balanced their economy to suppliment it so as long as we do nothing they will keep doing it in my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.