Environmentalists are hindering America - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Environmentalists are hindering America

Does anyone else have these feelings? How can america compete in a global economy if we are the only country playing by hippie rules? Let's face it... we need to be drilling for oil anywhere there is oil. Off the coast of FL.. SURE! 10yrs for EPA permitting? WTF is wrong with that. slide over mold and mildew... I could care less about Swamps and the mold. The reality is, we impose all these rules that companies can't comply with so they have it made in CHINA who doesn't have those EPA rules, and then we buy the products anyway. So we're hippocritical... "not here. but over there it's OK". Total BS. And WTF can't we drill in ANWR? What in gods name would it hurt having a pipe running through the woods? I'm all for it. As long as it's done responsibly... ie spills and such. Screw EPA permiting.. 10yrs. What a crock of ****. Environmentalist are hindering the production of this country. and we the people sit here and listen to their BS. Time for them to slide over so america can back on the saddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 07:16 AM

You and me would get along very well partner. I to beleive that the epa is the downfall to this country. Our factories have to get all the permits and it makes the product they are producing cost more. While china dumps there chit right in the ocean and there product is twice as cheap, and USA can't compete. I want this world to last as long as it can but the EPA is overboard and global warming is also a bunch of phucking chit.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:20 AM

Agree, I don't believe in global warming. I'm only 25yrs old, but I've done my research... back in the 70's the hippies thought the world was to cold... but you don't see that on TV every night. They wanted congress to help MELT the ice. Now here we are trying to "save it". It's cyclical.... the best thing is to do nothing in terms of tampering with nature. Common sense is the answer to most things... but that's not popular anymore, nor is it taught. liberal special interest groups are going to be the downfall of this country. Those people have answers for nothing. they don't produce, they don't help.. all they do is critisize companies and people that have actually done something for society. They only come up with complaints, never any solutions. and they give you this stump speach about how "we have the technology..bla bla bla". NO WE DON'T!!! WTF IS IT? If it's so great, why are 18-wheelers not hybrid? If it doesn't work for 18 wheelers.... it's not a true solution that will make america better. I've had it with those idiots that all they do is ***** and complain. Mainstream working America needs to put a boot up their arse and tell them to slide over... we the people actually have a job to do, and it's not holding a picket sign while having answers to nothing.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 05-18-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

I agree! Florida, Alaska, my front yard.....I don't care as long as we reduce our dependence on other countries. I see nothing wrong with regulations that protect the environment WHILE we are drilling at home.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 AM

exactly. but 10yrs to conduct some mold & mildew EPA study.. GTFOH. Common sense.. minimize your foot print area, no spills, do it clean and to the best of everyones ability and raise 2 middle finger to the Saudi's and tell them to choke on their sand.

And if nobody has taken physics... Diesels by design are more "efficient". Therefore if you could actually buy a diesel that was smaller than 6.0L, and in a vehicle less than 8k #'s.... might actually be onto something. But then theres the EPA BS again... yet again... another kick in common senses' and production's nutz.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i big thanks to the EPA...... what a crock..... 10 years my arse, they need to slide over, let us do our thing and be done with it. no more foriegn oil.....
Old 05-18-2008, 07:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd
I agree that 10 yrs. is rediculous, but without the EPA we would still have people dumping oil in their alleys to keep the dust down. There are alot of good things the "tree huggers" have done. I also think that there are alot of people like me in this world who are concerned for the future of the human race not the planet. The planet will be fine, it will be here after we are long gone. As far as the US goes if we don't start manufacturing more in this country we will never be able to compete in the world market.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 AM

Boy!! I feel at home on this thread! The environmentalist seem to want to stop or slow down anything that works. Can't use oil. How bout nuk power, its the safest and cleanist, it works.... no can't use that.If those "Global Wormist have to use alternitive fuel" guys we're so smart they would have come up with something viable by now. They have had over 30 years', Nada unless it's priced to the equevilant of $4-6 fuel.

We don't have to drill here, we don't have to refine it here, Hay there's plunty of supply around the world we'll import it. Don't work for americans.

Another part often overlooked. Becouse of all this free trade, there has been a tremendous amount of ships built around the world, and with that a pile of money made. How much of that ship building happened here? now look at the Samsung shipyard in Korea. We need a faverable business climate in this country if we are going to survive.

Follow the money, a good portion of these environmental groups money comes from industry to keep compition down. A good example is refinerys. the refinery association told congress last year we don't need new refinerys, we can import or increase capacity of existing refinerys. I.E. we don't want somebody else building a refinery and competing with us. I got that from C-span last year, I watch both the House and Senate hearings.

I could go on and on, but a can't type that long!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:10 AM

Whatever the situation(s) are.... we're not looking good. We don't produce, only consume... we don't want to disturb mold to make way for production, but we'll buy the stuff from a country that is communist, doesn't have an EPA, and uses child labor. All 3 things that we so dearly hate; communism, child labor and pollution. We have an embargo on Cuba b/c they're communist... but we buy boat loads of **** from china. Go figure. Nothing makes sense.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Whatever the situation(s) are.... we're not looking good. We don't produce, only consume... we don't want to disturb mold to make way for production, but we'll buy the stuff from a country that is communist, doesn't have an EPA, and uses child labor. All 3 things that we so dearly hate; communism, child labor and pollution. We have an embargo on Cuba b/c they're communist... but we buy boat loads of **** from china. Go figure. Nothing makes sense.
boat loads?? in this case, it's literal!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.