Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Diesel fuel costs - start complaining, please!

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  steph38 
#1 ·
I just went on-line and sent an email to my Governor in Florida concerning diesel fuel prices. I think this is at least a place to start. Here is what my email stated "

Sir:

Please tell me why diesel fuel prices are $.70 to $1.00 per gallon higher than 87 octane and much higher than 93 octane gas. Diesel fuel is about 54 octane and should be much cheaper to produce. I own a diesel truck. One year ago when I purchased my diesel truck the price of diesel fuel was about $.15 per gallon cheaper than 87 octane gas. What is going on and is there anyone in government taking a serious look at this problem?"

Fellow diesel truck owners. I think this is the least we all can do. Go on-line and get a email address and at least send an email about our concerns over diesel fuel prices. We have to start somewhere. Anyone else have ideas?

#2 ·
Watched the news tonight and they said the demand over seas is way way up and its going to stay that way for awhile yet. It never hurts to write a political leader though, gotta let 'em know.

#6 ·
YOU CAN COUNT ON ME. I`M IN.

#8 ·
On Fox news in Philly they are running 'previews' of the news tonight and are talking about a 75 cent per gal. price jump in gas. Can only imagine what that would mean to diesel the way its been jumping lately! Not sure what they'll say is the reason there might be such a jump?????

#10 ·
sorry cant do it, i will headed to DFW g2g that day......GL on that deal!

#16 ·
Im in full support,truck will be parked.:thumb:

#18 ·
Yup, Ill be driving the mustang. Wouldve been anyways cuz shes gettin retuned for the new intake, headers, more boost, and water methanol injection: D

#19 ·
I tried a Snow kit and to be honest - the car dropped from a 7.42 to 7.47 and on the dyno with constant tweaking and several pulls, it still cost 12 HP and over 20 lb ft, at best tune- I hope this is just in my case and you did not waste $400 either-- let me know

#20 ·
Is your car intercooled? I know for a fact I should pick up some good power cuz Im making 15lbs non intercooled and my intake temps are 170* under boost. I bought an AFM Mr Freeze kit and got an extremely good deal so its not a waste either way.

#22 ·
the car I put it on was a 89 347 car with a Y trim making 17 lb - car dropped off when the methanol was used - it never even after several ,several pulls on the dyno get an increase ,we tried everything for attempting to make it work from adj fuel curves ,timing, maf calibration, -no matter what we did it just cost power and torque, I hope is was just the heads are ported so well ( Crawford heads flowed by Bennett) that the addition to the moisture in the air mix was goofing up air flow. Let me know if you get it to work - I felt like it was a difference in the way it ran on the strret - but I guess my butt was wanting to feel the satisfaction of the $400 investment too. But the Dyno is the ultimate -lie-o-meter and this was depressing.

#23 ·
Ill be parked... Be at a 4-wheeler ride the entire week and wont need the truck!

#25 ·
No go juice for me either. The F-350 is in the shop for oil leaks and head studs anyway. Hopefully I'll be making my own in the near future.
This fuel thing has gotten ENTIRELY out of hand. When I bought my '97 F-350 just TEN years ago, I paid between .86 and a 1.00 here in NJ. Last (not even) fill-up for the '07 - 4.03/gallon!!!

#26 · (Edited)
I am in...not fuel purchase first week of April

BTW...I paid $4.12 last night in Milwaukee WI

#34 ·
Transport fees???:doh::moon:

#32 ·
Richard, you should start a new thread about the whole strike thing. That will get more members attention on here. I will fill up before then, but i have to drive my company truck if i want to have a job. I fully support this! I go to Iowa on Monday and i will send out a few shouts on the CB about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.