Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Prices / 3.0 Powerstroke 4 Cylinder

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  PowerGriz 
#1 ·
The trend seems to be higher fuel prices, the only way to combat burning through fuel is get a more fuel efficent daily driver or run WVO. Check out this Ford ranger 3.0 Liter Powerstroke 4 cylinder, I average 32 MPG Highway and 28 City.

Photos here http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/me...olf-r/powerstroke-3-0-diesel-ranger-7809.html

I use the F-250 for hauling big loads and use the ranger when I have smaller loads to haul. 10-12 MPG at $4.00 per gallon in this day and age is just insane.

#2 ·
My DD is a 99' s10. 4 banger 5 speed. It gets about 25-27 mpg.

What country do you live in By the way. Never seen a diesel ranger, but I would buy it in heart beat.

#4 ·
I would love a smaller truck with a diesel, but they aren't sold in the U.S. yet. :sad:

So, my DD is my truck when it rains or is really cold. Otherwise its the motorcycle for 50mpg! :happydance:
He lives anywhere except North America. Look a Navara (frontier), Hilux (tacoma) and even a ford transport. When I was living in Europe for work, all the fords had turbo diesels. I can't honestly say I can pinpoint 1 reason we don't allow more diesels here in NA, but its regulations, big oil, government, they just aren't.

I was reading some of the initial problems with the 2003 PSD was USA's diesel gas was to a lower standard than Europes was, and the Powerstroke was designed in Europe with way cleaner diesel.

I honestly probably wouldn't own a F250 as a DD, in any city. I live in rural Montana, and its my backup, I use a 08 gasser F250 as my regular truck, its my tow rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.