gas milage on lifted 2002 250 superduty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gas milage on lifted 2002 250 superduty

i am thinking about purchasing this truck, iv test droven it and everything...amazing but im just wondering what the gas mileage would be. not really to concerned with it, but just a good factor to know. havent owned this large of a truck with this size motor. heres the link to davisautosales with all the info and pics, if yall could help me out id appreciate it. oh and new to this forum just signed up. will be my first diesal

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty for sale at Davis Auto Sales
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt

I think that truck is WAY over priced. You can get an 08 for that price.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

with that lift and everything?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by builderdude14 View Post
with that lift and everything?
I'm sure others will argue that it is priced right with everything on it. Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a 2002 truck regardless of the mileage on it when I can buy a newer truck with a lot less miles.

With that said, it is a very nice looking truck with low miles considering the year.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah well maybe we can get some other inputs on gas mileage and what people think about the price?
But thanks man for the input
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The biggest factor to your mileage is going to be what gears are in the axles? I had a Jeep with factory 3.21 that got about 20 hwy mpg and I put 35s on the milage dropped BAD. I changed the gears to 4.10s and recovered a decent bit of mpg.

And that is WAY overpriced. I just bout a King Ranch 08 for 23k. No it wasn't lifted, but things lift lifts and mods are personal things. I always look at buying a vehicle like thiss; If I pay $xxxx for the truck and total it on the way home, what is my insurance going to pay? And unless you have agreed value insurance, you will get paid for a stock pickup's NADA value. They do NOT add any value insurance wise for lifts, tires, wheels, etc etc...

One other thing to look at is having a "big bad lifted diesel truck" how was it treated and maintained by the previous owner? I would personally shop around, find a closer to stock 7.3 that is less likely to have been beat on and mod it from there... just my .02
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought a 2002 7.3 with lift and 35s and 150,000 miles and paid 18000. As far as fuel mileage goes I get around 15city and 17hwy. The truck your lookin at is beautiful. I have to agree with others that the price is a little ridiculous.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a 2002 F250 4x4 with a 8.5 pro comp lift and 38x15.5 on 20s Nito Mudgraplers, 3:73 gears and I normally get 10mpg around town and hwy i get 15-17 mpg. I do drive it hard around town but still the best I have ever gotten in town is 12 mpg. Before I lifted it I got 18 city and 20-22 hwy. I suspect that since that that truck is geared right in the city it probably will do ok like 11-12 but hwy is probably only going to be 13-15. That just my "guestements" though. I have heard of people with the same set up as mine getting 20mpg but I have never seen it. My transmission exploded on me just recently so hopefully after I get it built I am hoping it will increase my mileage some because it has seemed like my trans has been slipping for a while and I have been finding clutch material in my transmission pan. Another thing to keep in mind is that it is going to have big expensive repairs when it break and depending on how it was treated in the past, It might break often. Along with that, I agree with dieselmatt that the truck is way overpriced. You could buy and good truck and then lift it just like that for less. You would also have the piece of mind that it was all done right. But, it is a nice truck and if you deep enough pockets to afford it and are just in love with it then get it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I get 16.2 combined in my truck. I have a 6" lift with 35's. And as far as the price i'd say keep looking. Try and find a vehicle that is local because dealerships think the value of the 7.3 is going up with gold values. 6.0 prices are falling and 7.3 keep going up Im not complaining though since I own one. Plus you'll have to pay taxes and license fees. Not to mention the lift and those tires more than likely reaked havoc on that poor transmission. Find out who the trans was rebuilt by and how long ago. If they have documents proving that it was.

I got a very very good deal on my 02 CCLB XLT with 98K miles, 6" lift, new balljoints, viper alarm BRAND new wheels and tires, and amp steps. Keep looking.

On another note that OBS is pretty sweet though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.