DIESEL PRICES FUTURE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Fuel Price Area Discussions A place to discuss the fuel prices in your areas.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DIESEL PRICES FUTURE

I was just wondering at what price do we all think it will be time to give up are trucks. Where is the point where we say we don't really need this truck it is toy. I can always get a smaller truck or use my friends,or shoot renting one would be cheaper. I know a lot of people don't use there truck enough to make it pay. I do since we have horses,but at what price will it stop. Where I will just get feed,and pull the trailer. Then drive a eco car the rest of the time. Where does it stop $2.50,$3.50,$5.00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Little late to the game here? Well I think the time we give up are ERRRRRRRRRR......I mean our trucks is when pigs fly. Last year prices around here were upwards of 4.50 a gallon and I saw a high of 4.89. Many were keeping their trucks, but having a lot of thoughts about selling them.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
I'll start driving my 'Bird more, but I have no intention of selling my truck! Was quite an inconvenience going 2 months without it!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
Little late to the game here? Well I think the time we give up are ERRRRRRRRRR......I mean our trucks is when pigs fly. Last year prices around here were upwards of 4.50 a gallon and I saw a high of 4.89. Many were keeping their trucks, but having a lot of thoughts about selling them.
yes it is a late thought,but you don't think prices will stay down forever. Another hurricane or something,and bam $5.00 a gallon.
there are people that really don't need a truck that it is only a want.
Those will be the people that get rid of there trucks first. Unless they have money.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Banned

I don't think I would sell my truck but the highest I ever paid was $4.89 a gallon after Hurricane Katrina. I just stopped driving my truck unless I really had to go somewhere.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
if diesel prices go too much farther north of what it is now. then that means people have keeled over. there is no reason for diesel to be the price it is now. there is no reason for GAS to be what it is now. Last years prices were not because of hurricanes, it was because of speculators driving the prices up. people need to wake up so prices level off and never go that high again.

however, no matter what the cost of fuel, i will not give in and sell my truck. screw the investors and all that. i may drive my other car more but i wont let them get to me.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
hah! gas just went higher than diesel today around here!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:31 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
I paid over $5.20 a gallon last year in New York while on Vaca. Drove so much that I had to fill up 3 times there but I'll never quit driving it.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 PM

But when diesel prices went up so did gas prices and a diesel gets as good as or better MPG as a lot of SUV's, trucks, and other larger cars. I know I was out of town at a car show when gas went up to over $5 a gallon just for a week or so and I was in my mustang which doesn't get much better around town then my truck.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

The highest I paid here in Ca was $5.00, but I saw it has high as $5.30. I did probably drive fewer miles, but didn't stop driving. Even still towed our 5th wheel to vacation spots.

I had a guy at work ask me why I didn't buy an econo-box to drive. I explained I am making payments on the truck and paying insurance. The econo-box would cost me payments and insurance....so I could use that money for fuel. He looked at me with a funny look on his face. He drives an econo-box and just didn't get it. Interestingly, he asked me the question while we were on a company fun time and we were carpooling my truck! He was glad to ride in my 6-passenger crew cab instead of burning his own gas....Go figure!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.